MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
First off thanks for the brilliant website and forum it has been a great help! Basically I am at a lost i have several marks on my mini cooper R52 front chrome grille. There not dark but light yellowish marks that are all over the grille and the bumper front chrome bits, there rough in texture and as yet i have been unable to remove them. I have tried quite a few products from Autoglym and Meguiars ie, metal polish, fast glass etc and i have even tried running a clay bar over to try and remove the marks but unfortunately there still there. So does anyone know of any thing else that i can try to remove these marks?

thanks, J

·
it's not easy bein' green
126 Posts
Hi there,
First off thanks for the brilliant website and forum it has been a great help! Basically I am at a lost i have several marks on my mini cooper R52 front chrome grille. There not dark but light yellowish marks that are all over the grille and the bumper front chrome bits, there rough in texture and as yet i have been unable to remove them. I have tried quite a few products from Autoglym and Meguiars ie, metal polish, fast glass etc and i have even tried running a clay bar over to try and remove the marks but unfortunately there still there. So does anyone know of any thing else that i can try to remove these marks?

thanks, J
Sounds as if someone has polished right through the "chrome" to the plastic beneath as it is a light yellow colour. The bootlid handle on my R50 is the same :(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
Mosposco
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing