MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.
I have a UK Clubman 2007 non S.
I have searched high and low to find diagrams, even on the BMW mini parts website, and I cannot find the MAS.
What is odd, is that the airbox (original equipment) has a downward air hose into the intake, yet everything I see on websites, youtube and BMW says the at the MAS is easily accessible and visible. I think mine is tucked down behind the bulkhead very close to the intake manifold.
Anyone else know if this is the case and has photographs?

·
Registered
5,357 Posts
hi what was the outcome thanks
looking at engine from out side its on right hand side of the inlet manifold between the vvt motor and inlet manifold need to remover the air filter box off makes it easyier its held in by a single 8mm taper screw will need a socket and 3 inch extension bar on it,,,link below shows what it looks like,
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Inlet-Manifold-Sensor-MAP-FOR-MINI-R56-1-4-06-10-N12B14A-One-N12B14A-95-Lucas/312188585189?epid=5021431803&hash=item48afe3c4e5:g:L9UAAOSw9GhbSTQx:rk:13:pf:0

·
Registered
5,357 Posts
hi I found that today and thought it was the map sensor.
its combined has more than two wires off it. most of fuelling on that system is based on the closed circuit wide band 02 sensors added to that sensor,, rarely do they go faulty more chance of 02 sensors being the problem or the breather pipe from the top of rocker cover is cracked where cant see it, only way to be sure is smoke test the inlet manifold or remove the breather and check it for cracks, new pipe in uk from bmw if £28 the last one i bought, what fault codes have you got

·
Registered
340 Posts
its combined has more than two wires off it. most of fuelling on that system is based on the closed circuit wide band 02 sensors added to that sensor,, rarely do they go faulty more chance of 02 sensors being the problem or the breather pipe from the top of rocker cover is cracked where cant see it, only way to be sure is smoke test the inlet manifold or remove the breather and check it for cracks, new pipe in uk from bmw if £28 the last one i bought, what fault codes have you got

Hi, I don't suppose you could help me out? I have a fault code of the air mass flow (my stop start also doesnt work I think due to this and I have a lifetime oil filter which I think has caused it to get dirty or fail). Reading about it, American cars have a maf and uk ones have a map sensor. I cannot find the map sensor either. I just don't get where it is. Is it on the left hand side of the engine inside this pipe at the bottom?

I took the air filter off and its just a hole on the left. I'm really stuck, I have looked everything I can visually see, but It is confusing what the map sensor even is. I've read so many forum posts about it, but no one seems to know. I'd be really grateful if you could help.

Here is a photo.

Additionally I am thinking it is this https://www.buycarparts.co.uk/vemo/12868266 ? So maybe it is attached and I can't see it.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,357 Posts
Hi, I don't suppose you could help me out? I have a fault code of the air mass flow (my stop start also doesnt work I think due to this and I have a lifetime oil filter which I think has caused it to get dirty or fail). Reading about it, American cars have a maf and uk ones have a map sensor. I cannot find the map sensor either. I just don't get where it is. Is it on the left hand side of the engine inside this pipe at the bottom?

I took the air filter off and its just a hole on the left. I'm really stuck, I have looked everything I can visually see, but It is confusing what the map sensor even is. I've read so many forum posts about it, but no one seems to know. I'd be really grateful if you could help.

Here is a photo.

Additionally I am thinking it is this https://www.buycarparts.co.uk/vemo/12868266 ? So maybe it is attached and I can't see it.
the maf and map sensors are combined n the pro=ince engine you have a prince engine non turbo gong by pics, looking at the front of car this sensor is totally hidden you need to remove the air box on the right side and then feel between the vvt motor on cylinder head downwards you will see the black plastic inlet plastic box its screwed in to this with a single 4mm torx bit or some have a 8mm bolt head,, its a royal pain in arse to remove,,
word of warning most fault codes that say maff or map plausibilty faults tend to be nothing to do with sensor and end up being a air leak somewhere, worth doing a smoke test on inlet pipes

·
Registered
340 Posts
the maf and map sensors are combined n the pro=ince engine you have a prince engine non turbo gong by pics, looking at the front of car this sensor is totally hidden you need to remove the air box on the right side and then feel between the vvt motor on cylinder head downwards you will see the black plastic inlet plastic box its screwed in to this with a single 4mm torx bit or some have a 8mm bolt head,, its a royal pain in arse to remove,,
word of warning most fault codes that say maff or map plausibilty faults tend to be nothing to do with sensor and end up being a air leak somewhere, worth doing a smoke test on inlet pipes

Thank you for replying! I did have all that stuff off originally, I'll do it again and report back when I do it. Sorry yes I forgoet to say its a 2008 clubman, justa cooper.

Oh I don't think I'm skilled enough to do a smoke test, the only thing that makes me think it could be the sensor originally is they can get dirty if you use an oil based air filter (which I do) and you can clean it with a spray, but that advice is for the american engines so I dont know if can even clean this one.

Thanks again! Ill try it and once I cant find it again ill maybe post some pics! haha! :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts