MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I`m testing a theory (seriously!) looking at the "draw" potential of a thread - what are you doing here at this time of night Basil, you should be tucked-up by now?

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Jakx said:
I`m testing a theory (seriously!) looking at the "draw" potential of a thread - what are you doing here at this time of night Basil, you should be tucked-up by now?
yea I know.......but if you didn't keep replying to these posts i'd be there by now.....ha ha ha ha.

night.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
trigger happy . . .

What`s the point of shoving this thread into the test forum so soon?

I was trying to make what I feel is a valid point.

And you don`t give it a chance!

Too many trigger happy "jobsworths" on this site now!!!

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
What would your point be exactly??

I moved it as you are just wasting time posting threads with no content....

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry monsta . . .

monsta said:
What would your point be exactly??

I moved it as you are just wasting time posting threads with no content....
Sorry monsta, I wasn`t looking for or expecting any replies to my thread.

It simply occurred to me that sometimes the number of views appears simply to reflect the "attractiveness" of the thread - boring `headline` and nobody can even be bothered to view it, even although the content might be interesting!

Again I`m only talking about the number of views here.

This "Massive big wide wheels . . ." thread seems to be attracting quite a few views but there is, as you say, no real content at all.

I`ve said too much already - it`s up to you monsta, do with it as you will! Sorry if I was a bit harsh on you.

Anyway it proved something to me even if to no-one else?

This thread is probably dead - long live the next thread!

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
That's a fair enough comment, this board has become a depressing place recently.. too much complaining going on..

Plus some of us can't wait for some proper new MINI accessories to come out - the german's have it so shy can't we??

·
Registered
612 Posts
Well, we could always try and salvage something of significance from it, Rubber MINI floor mats are now available if thats significant. Oooh how exciting!

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how significant . .?

M said:
Well, we could always try and salvage something of significance from it, Rubber MINI floor mats are now available if thats significant. Oooh how exciting!
Ok! I`m interested M - but, are they massively big , are they wide and do they have any smashing (outstanding) features, because if they haven`t then I`m afraid there`s no place for them in this thread!!

(I`m supposed to be carrying out a ground-breaking experiment here?)

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
612 Posts
:rolleyes:
They are so huge they fit exactly into the floor well of the new MINI with just enough carpet showing to satisfy all but the most particular rubber mat critics. Outstandingly they are made from Rubber, a new material from the South American rainforest, which is quite apt as they are totally impervious to water. In fact you can completely immerse them in water and they won't shrink (unlike my current knitted sheep outer hair mats). Interestingly they are just wide enough to bridge a gap of approximately 40cm, convenient if you find a puddle of water less than 40cm across, although I would point out that they are unable to sustain the weight of anything above a Pink Toothed Shrew(Sorex Araneaus I believe)

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
Just to add that this topic is a pile of briefs..just a miracle that it hasn't transformed into some pro Honda Civic discussion. Oh and Driven was repeated last night with the shopaholic MINI woman !

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Really! there`s no call for that . .

smartbomb said:
Just to add that this topic is a pile of briefs..just a miracle that it hasn't transformed into some pro Honda Civic discussion. Oh and Driven was repeated last night with the shopaholic MINI woman !
Talking of which, did anyone notice, again, the massively extraordinary lengths the lady had gone to in an attempt to protect the dash and steering wheel from serious damage in a full frontal collision!

A couple of other things, and I`ll try to be brief (smartbomb), I don`t understand why you have to try and turn this thread into some kind of promotional discussion about the £15,995, 197bhp Honda Civic Type-R at a Dealer near you - when it`s quite clearly about Massive big wide wheels and other smashing MINI bits?

And Paul - glad you managed to find the time, any chance of a Funny Forum?

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
Ah yes, the Honda Civic is indeed at a dealer near me. Unfortunatley you can't get a glimpse due to the octogenarien customers in the showroom....
I have heard rumours that a dealer fit orange badge is available to order....and a denture cleaner can be fitted in the glovebox....
As for big wheels and smashing MINI bits..well they are all hunky dory ! At least the mini badge wasn't prised of the head of a certain character in the popular TV comedy 'Red Dwarf' !

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
steady there smartbomb. .

smartbomb said:
Ah yes, the Honda Civic is indeed at a dealer near me. Unfortunatley you can't get a glimpse due to the octogenarien customers in the showroom....
I have heard rumours that a dealer fit orange badge is available to order....and a denture cleaner can be fitted in the glovebox....
As for big wheels and smashing MINI bits..well they are all hunky dory ! At least the mini badge wasn't prised of the head of a certain character in the popular TV comedy 'Red Dwarf' !
Firstly, I was talking Type-R not general Honda smartypants - Secondly, I doubt you`ll ever find a freshly minted MINI badge on a Formula 1 car and if there was a denture cleaning device in a Civic it`d at least work straight-off - and thirdly, do you even know what a real engine is and have you driven anything even close to an NSX?

smartbomb, I (obviously) have a great affection for MINI and I look forward keenly to the S - but too many MINI contributors here seem to be donning some kind of blinkers oblivious to any possible alternative to their `babies` . . . and are likely to lose their sense of humour rapidly when someone dares to mention any other form of motor transport.

And anyway, wasn`t it you that mentioned Honda first on this thread! :p

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
The Honda Civic Type R was one of the cars I considered when looking for a new car. The car wasn't launched when I got my Cooper so I couldn't make a comparison by looking at pictures. I have recently seen a Type R at the NEC Bike show (they had one on the Honda stand). I'm glad I bought the MINI! The Honda engine and the wheels are the best-looking parts of the car! I bet it goes like stink but a brill engine mated to big wheels and a few bits of plastic added to what is a retirement car for the missus does not make a great overall package! It was tested on "motor week" on Granada Men & Motors last night and when they showed it from a distance it didn't stand out at being different from the normal Civic.
This is just my opinion, you understand (don't want Jakx throwing toys out of his pram again! ;) )

1 - 20 of 65 Posts