MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, via torque pro my 2008 1.6D is hitting over 21psi peak!
Anyone know what a stock car should be boosting too?
Im getting code p0238, this indicates map sensor, map sensor readings are approx 35psi, so can a faulty map sensor be causing it to boost this high?
My maf readings are 119g/s, this equates to approx 147hp .

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Hi all, via torque pro my 2008 1.6D is hitting over 21psi peak!
Anyone know what a stock car should be boosting too?
Im getting code p0238, this indicates map sensor, map sensor readings are approx 35psi, so can a faulty map sensor be causing it to boost this high?
My maf readings are 119g/s, this equates to approx 147hp .
psa 1.6 hdi engine, the turbo is vnt type so has a grub screen on the turbo body that is set when turbo was made if this works its way loose then that will be the issue, worth check first, the vnt vac pressure for the actuator is set 15psi with a vac pump so it rests on the stop at 15psi, thats the turbo end of it,
i would remove the map sensor and clean it with switch cleaner and small modellers paint brush might just be carbon build up stopping it from resetting back to zero as such, if heavy carbon on it would be thinking dpf filter is needing doing at some pint soon,, volvo and ford use same engines and they say 75.000 miles need to replace the dpf filter and 40k for additive tank, you will need a proper diagnostics tool autocom cdp plus is best for value and will do everything,, to be honest you will struggle to find whats really wrong with yours now if its not the map sensors or turbo as need to deep scan it, ie dealer only code s and live data runs,

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thankyou for your detailed reply! Its on 122k now, grub screw stop not moved, map sensor cleaned, ordered new one now!

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Thankyou for your detailed reply! Its on 122k now, grub screw stop not moved, map sensor cleaned, ordered new one now!
122k it will be needing a dpf filter for a start link below,
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Diesel-Particulate-Filter-DPF-fits-MINI-CLUBMAN-COOPER-R55-1-6D-07-to-10-Soot-BM/332358683445?fits=Car+Make:Mini|Cars+Type:Cooper+D&hash=item4d621f0b35:g:uqcAAOSwrlRZzqcC
also a turbo would be a good move link below , i]ve used the below kit before was ok,
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-307-407-TURBO-TURBOCHARGER-1-6-HDi-110PS-AND-FITTING-KIT/253411113503?fits=Car+Make:Mini|Cars+Type:Cooper+D|Plat_Gen:R56&epid=6026595822&hash=item3b007aba1f:g:3VUAAOSw8gVYB32y

i suspect the turbo is leaking oil into the inlet side of turbo charger just enough at moment to make engine run on its oil oil as such, very very common when dpf filter is blocked and heat and back pressure destroy the seals in it, does it smoke really bad at same time if then deffo turbo,, if not so bad then still would check for oil leaking from turbo,
if not the above throttle might be faulty need to scan it with something like autocom on live data see whats doing what

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
mike1967
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing