MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to replace my wiperblades as the factory fit ones are awful. But I noticed that the wiper arm is a bayonet style one, there is no hook style wiper arm.

Is this a new wiper arm style? and where can I get new wiper blades from. I tried the Bosch Multiclip ones and they do not fit.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Hmmm, tricky. Flat-blade wipers are certainly a huge step forwards from the stock blades, though your tax disc may complain that it can't see properly as that bit of screen won't get wiped.

BMW/Mini do sell flat-blade wipers for the Mini and they call them 'Evo' blades, so it might be worth asking your dealer's parts department if they can supply them with a bayonet fitting.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Do you know if this is a new style arm for the more recent version of the mini?
It's a surprising for BMW to change to switch from hook to bayonet at this stage of the R56's life. For a May 2012 car, the RealOEM parts list is still showing the same hooked wiper arm and part number that my 2009 car has (item 2 below, but of course the diagram is drawn for LHD!).

Summat odd going on.

·
Premium Member
3,829 Posts
Yes they have changed it, theres an amendment page they give you with the new handbook to put into it regarding the change, its only just happened April ish this year?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
The Nun
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing