MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time viewer, first time poster.

I've been thinking about getting a mini for several years now, received the requisite wife support and am ready to go...but wanted to reach out to the community for some advise.

1) Cooper or Cooper S: I've heard mixed reviews on the drive-a-bility of the Cooper S. I would primarily be driving in the city and on somewhat bumpy roads. Thoughts?

2) Color:
a. If I go with the S, I'm looking at Dark Silver. Suggestions as to go solid DS or with the Black Roof?
b. If we do the standard MC, I'm debating between Astro Black or Jet Black. Has anyone seen these two colors side by side and if so, how different are they?

Thanks,
Miles

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Yeah I have to agree. My choice in the S would be DS/B. Looks gorgeous :)

In the cooper, again my choice would be the astro black, because I think it catches the light really nicely....looks very shiny :cool:

Veronica

·
Registered
9,664 Posts
Well if you can afford it go MCS. Deffo the DS/B is very :cool:

The S though might be a bit thirsty for town driving, wouldn't worry too much about the bumpy roads-all MINI's have a firm ride and will also depend on what wheels you go for.

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
miles said:
b. If we do the standard MC, I'm debating between Astro Black or Jet Black. Has anyone seen these two colors side by side and if so, how different are they?

Thanks,
Miles
Welcome to Mini2 Miles.:)

Astro Black is metallic, where as Jet Black is mat. When you see Astro Black up close it looks more like grey, where as Jet Black is proper black. Am I making sense? :D

As to which one to get, well they are both great cars but if I had the choice I would got for the Cooper S everytime. It's worth the extra money just to hear the whine of the supercharger. :cool:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Actually, the Astro Black has more of a blue tint to it. I'm guessing they went for like a "space looking" color. I love the look of it and if I ever get around to posting pics you might be able to see it. It really depends on the lighting if it looks black or black with blue in it.
Really an amazing color.

·
Registered
588 Posts
miles said:
Long time viewer, first time poster.

I've been thinking about getting a mini for several years now, received the requisite wife support and am ready to go...but wanted to reach out to the community for some advise.

1) Cooper or Cooper S: I've heard mixed reviews on the drive-a-bility of the Cooper S. I would primarily be driving in the city and on somewhat bumpy roads. Thoughts?

2) Color:
a. If I go with the S, I'm looking at Dark Silver. Suggestions as to go solid DS or with the Black Roof?

Thanks,
Miles
Ive had 2 MCS in the past 12 months.
my first was a DS/B which i sold after 10 months and Ive now got an all black .

Its such a subjective thing but ....on balance I prefer the Black.........however they are much more difficult to keep clean,and show every piece of dirt/scratch/stone chip etc etc

·
Registered
56 Posts
My girlfriend has just got a mini one in astro black and it looks really nice when the light shines on it. Up close you can see a tint of purple but that can varie depending on the angle as someone on here mentioned a tint of blue.

I am getting a cooper S for delivery in January and have opted for DS/B. Looks very classy with S spokes.

Either way you'll be getting a nice car but if you can then go for the S....

·
Totally Mental!
21,789 Posts
my 2 bob worth... dark silver definitely, although (maybe im biased ;) ) I'd go for white roof. My main reason for choosing ds was it being an S only car- you don't see many of them about. I've had my S for nearly a year now, and have driven a cooper which the garage lent me when mine was in for a service, and you just can't beat the acceleration of the S- v addictive!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts