MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The car i have waited for since July arrives next week however a new job opportunity arose today with a comapny car or money option - great, but no!

Not allowed to have 'sport' model or convertible if taking the cash option.....so it rules out running the MCC as my car for work or even a tintop cooper...

What should i do....

1 Buy the Car and keep it for weekends.....expensive toy!
2 Buy the car and sell it on........
3 Cancel it and wait for the dealer to sell it before getting deposit back (although they murmerred that they would have to take any disocunts etc out of my money and that 'people' aren't asking about them anymore!)

What would you guys suggest.....i would like it but would hate for i to sit there while i have to drive some boring golf or focus and worried that i wouldn't be able to sell it on .....

·
Only Unbalanced
924 Posts
4 Get a new job

THAT sounds like a viable option to me... After all, anyplace that would want it's employees to drive around in cookie cutter cars, when they could be driving around in a car that makes them smile and feel good about where they are going (ie, a happy employee is a productive employee is a good reflection on the business) might have other issues too.

Just my .02c. Not exactly comparable to me, because I own the business. But if my employees ain't happy, I ain't happy because, in all likelihood, my customers ain't happy.

DUCTTAPE

·
Registered
193 Posts
5 Get the Mini and advertise your new company's logo on the side, then charge them a promotion fee! :D :cool:

If it were me, I would prolly keep it as a weekend toy. Expensive, yes, but I sold my Miata MX5 a few years ago when I got a more "practical" car and didn't see the need for two cars. I have regretted it ever since. And now I'm spending the money to buy an MCSC to get my fix for a fun car when I could have a completely paid for Miata in the garage! So I am kinda in the same boat. I have a reliable car without personality that I drive to work and back every day, and am getting a MINI that I can use to lift my mood the rest of the time. In a few years time when they are paid off and still running like champs with only a few miles on them, we will have forgotten all about the extra payments and only remember the toothy grins and wind in the hair (or lack of, in my case)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts