MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
2004 MCS Owner
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks just bought a MCS and plan on fitting a s/s exhaust so need some advice. I dont want somthing thats too loud, just a nice note when accelerating. I was lookin at a miltek system, anybody have one fitted? or any other systems that would fit what im after? cheers:wink:

·
THE STICK
3,902 Posts
The Milltek is the nicest system... I have had one for 4 years nearly now. It only becomes loud per say when you fit the optional manifold and cat. Fit just the cat back system and its throaty and pops without being loud, but when you give it beans @ 4000rpm and above it sounds really nice, around town cruising its a nice burble with the odd roar and pop if you blip the right pedal.

The playmini is the other alternative.

·
2004 MCS Owner
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the replys, your exhaust sounds the part batou. Cheers for the offer nylo, my car isnt on the road until i get my celica sold due to needing it insured but when i do i mite give you a shout

·
Back in a first gen.
1,386 Posts
The Milltek is the nicest system... I have had one for 4 years nearly now. It only becomes loud per say when you fit the optional manifold and cat. Fit just the cat back system and its throaty and pops without being loud, but when you give it beans @ 4000rpm and above it sounds really nice, around town cruising its a nice burble with the odd roar and pop if you blip the right pedal.

Totall agree with Mr Crofts... I love my Milltek.
Though I will be upgrading the manifold in the next month or so, for even more burble and pop!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Has to be Miltek. You would not notice the difference from stock when driving normally or on a motorway cruise but give it the beans and it sounds great.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts