MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is quite a few 'picked up my new car' threads, but I can't help it, i've got to tell everyone about it :)

Rather than just posting a few pics, I thought i'd write down my initial thoughts on the car.

spec
After many debates between me and my better half we finally agreed on the following :-
- Hyper Blue
- Chilli Pack
- Black Half leather
- HB Mirror Cans
- HB Roof
- Body Coloured Interior
- Manual Aircon
- Single CD
- HK upgrade
- Chrome-line Interior
- Chrono Pack
- Tinted Glass
- Heated mirrors & Washer Jets

Dealer Service
Kevin @ Cotswold Hereford was a star, wasn't bothered by my relaxed dress sense when we initially booked a test ride(unlike other dealers i've visited in the past), seemed to be genuinely enthusiastic towards the Mini brand and didn't mind the constant spec changes during the grueling 6 month wait, but what really impressed us was that on the day of collection he picked us from home(12 miles to save us having to get the bus to the dealership.

First Impressions
We were both a bit unsure as to how all the options would look together, sure the Mini Configurator gives you some idea but it's nothing like seeing the real thing. The options seemed to us to fit perfectly with how we hoped they would, HB is much better in the flesh than any of the pics we've seen.

The HK upgrade for us was well worth it, We Come One by Faithless sounds excellent turned up loud :D the sound is clear and the bass is excellent.

The Chrome Line interior is excellent, makes the dials look a little bit like the old Smiths gauges and brightens it up a bit inside and looks good next to the Body Coloured Interior.

The whine from the supercharger is amazing, spent the 1st 30 mins with the stereo off, just to listen to the noise, can't wait till it's run in to hear it a full revs!!

The ride is what I would expect for a car that handles like it does, it didn't bother us on rough local roads and was very well behaved on the motorway, no movement when passing lorries or when driving over bridges with a side wind.

Overall we couldn't be happier, the only problem now is getting the keys in the morning :p

I'll add some pics of the interior later.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got my MCS too!

Yep, picked up my MCS today from North Oxford - I too bought the HK upgrade, but I forgot to take a CD! I reckon the supercharger whine could get addictive!
And the chrome line interior looks good with the dark dash.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I've driven my new MCS almost 200 miles and have not turned the radio/CD player on yet. Having too much fun listening to the engine.

Maybe someday. . .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts