MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done a trawl of the forum and am trying to draw up a definitive shopping list.

So is a 13qtr achievable without NOS and spending £5K+?

If so, what spec/upgrades is needed?

·
MINI Obsessed...
4,989 Posts
The answer is yes......Paul got 13sec with NOS yesterday and Jove 13.2 without.NOS :) Need to check Joves spec but its not going to be cheap.

at a guess:

pulley
head,
manifold
cat back exhaust
cam
air filter
intercooler

£3K of parts + labour.

and add some light weight wheels.... and an LSD if you dont have one.

I would recommend a new clutch too

·
Anyone for an advert?
90 Posts
Welcome to Mini2

A 13 second car is easily achievable, i know 4 people running 13 second mini's

Jove - 13.2 (Yesterday at Santa Pod)
Jaw F430 - 13.7 (Ultimate BMW Show)
BigShow 13.6 (MITP)
Paul 1320 Webster 12.7 with NOS (Ultimate BMW)

This is the spec you need to follow:

RMW Head
RMW 440c Injectors
1320/Newman Camshaft
GRS Intercooler
1320 Custom Remap
JCW CAI (flap removed)
Alta V2 17% Pulley
Janspeed/RMW Manifold
RMW/Borla cat back Exhaust
NGK Spark Plugs
Clutch Master FX400
Quaife Diff
Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 Alloys
Yokohama Parada Spec II Tyres (205/40/17)

Before considering these modifications I would get the car health checked to check the cylinder pressures etc so it gives you a BHP baseline to work from and work towards.

·
M3 CSL
724 Posts
As Ruskins has pointed out there are a few of us running 13s

I think I have the least mods to run in the 13s so here is my spec:

15% pulley
JCW GP Intercooler
JCW airbox
Janspeed manifold+high flow cat
1320 camshaft
RMW head
440cc injectors
custom remap
Stock exhaust:aargh:
Stock clutch

I ran a [email protected] with the above spec with a fully optioned car and standard S-spoke wheels with runflat tyres:biggrin: (cars weight here was 2846lbs)

I then bought a set of TD 1.2s with yokos and ran a [email protected]:biggrin: (prob about 2800lbs here)

Have fun modding, all my mods stand me at about £3400 as I have fitted all the parts myself;) thats some cheap power:D

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2nd time lucky.

I presume that RMW=Revolution Mini Works? Do they ship their heads direct or are they only available from 1320?

Also, whats the url for 1320's website as I am struggling to find a working link?

Thanks for the updates so far :)

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
As Ruskins has pointed out there are a few of us running 13s

I think I have the least mods to run in the 13s so here is my spec:

15% pulley
JCW GP Intercooler
JCW airbox
Janspeed manifold+high flow cat
1320 camshaft
RMW head
440cc injectors
custom remap
Stock exhaust:aargh:
Stock clutch

I ran a [email protected] with the above spec with a fully optioned car and standard S-spoke wheels with runflat tyres:biggrin: (cars weight here was 2846lbs)

I then bought a set of TD 1.2s with yokos and ran a [email protected]:biggrin: (prob about 2800lbs here)

Have fun modding, all my mods stand me at about £3400 as I have fitted all the parts myself;) thats some cheap power:D

Sorry Jaw I have the least mods to run 13s :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
Now as a few people who do know me this is a subject I enjoy :biggrin:

But what you have to come up with first is a plan on how you're going to acheive a 13 and decide how much of a budget you've got.

ET is all about traction and power to weight ratio

So the first thing to do is weigh your car with you in it.

What year is your car ?

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
Now.... whats more cost effect if I loose 50kg of weight or a 20more hp??
.001 bigger nitrous jet :biggrin:

When Red was totally stripped at its first meeting of 07 it acheived the times on the spreadsheet attached.

I would like to post a video on here but that would be classed as advertising, so if you go on you tube and type in 13.35 you'll find a video off the car running as per the spreadsheet but with a new clutch and a less windy day, the run on the video acheived the following.

60ft 1.8969
330ft 5.5019
660ft 8.5361
mph 81.63
1000ft 11.0739
1320 13.3581

I cant tell on the video if I'm on the rev limiter before I leave :biggrin: but the clutch was only lasting 50-70 runs like this :redface:

In theory 100lbs is a 1/10th of a sec so a fully optioned car with drag slicks and launching on a good track with these options might dip into the 13s on a perfect day, just make sure your RAC / AA memebrship hasn't run out.

Attachments

·
MINI Obsessed...
4,989 Posts

When Red was totally stripped at its first meeting of 07 it acheived the times on the spreadsheet attached.

I would like to post a video on here but that would be classed as advertising, so if you go on you tube and type in 13.35 you'll find a video off the car running as per the spreadsheet but with a new clutch and a less windy day, the run on the video acheived the following.

60ft 1.8969
330ft 5.5019
660ft 8.5361
mph 81.63
1000ft 11.0739
1320 13.3581

I cant tell on the video if I'm on the rev limiter before I leave :biggrin: but the clutch was only lasting 50-70 runs like this :redface:

In theory 100lbs is a 1/10th of a sec so a fully optioned car with drag slicks and launching on a good track with these options might dip into the 13s on a perfect day, just make sure your RAC / AA memebrship hasn't run out.
Some great times there Paul :) Whats interesting is that you are only 5mph faster than me but a whole second faster! Certainly says to me that I need to work on my traction and dropping a few kgs.

And not hitting the rev limiter this time ;) Practice will no doubt count for alot. Think I might come along to a few more quieter meets :D

·
Registered
2,351 Posts

60ft 1.8969
330ft 5.5019
660ft 8.5361
mph 81.63
1000ft 11.0739
1320 13.3581

I've just watched that video Paul ;), and your reaction time was shocking :D:p. Very good time though ;):cool:.

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
I've just watched that video Paul ;), and your reaction time was shocking :D:p. Very good time though ;):cool:.
ROTFLMAO, I think the reaction was slow because i waited then hit the rev limiter 7400 and then dropped the clutch :aargh:

I think if you listen carefully you can here it hit the rev limiter before it moves

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Now as a few people who do know me this is a subject I enjoy :biggrin:

But what you have to come up with first is a plan on how you're going to acheive a 13 and decide how much of a budget you've got.

ET is all about traction and power to weight ratio

So the first thing to do is weigh your car with you in it.

What year is your car ?
2002 with a Hartge 210 Conversion

·
a.k.a. BrainRush
160 Posts
...so my 02 fully optioned car has little chance of holding a stick up to those fox body 5.0 mustangs?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts