MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Twincharge???
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy everyone,

Have anyone here tried a 2.75" or 3" exhaust? What's it's like if anyone have experience with them?

Also, does the ALTA style (like the [email protected]'s one ball) yield any significant difference than the conventional, 2 mufflers design? The reason I am asking is, I've got the PlayMini/Scorpion exhaust right now and it feels like it doesn't have much torque below 2000rpm and is quite restictive after 6000rpm not to mention the weight penalty of the 2nd muffler in the system.

One last question, does anyone know why did ALTA/Dinan put the muffler on the right hand side instead of left?

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
I'd guess alta/dinan put the muffler on the right for weight distribution, sine most of the cars they'e in willbe left hand drive.
I've done the oneball mod on mine and the biggest difference is the removal of the weight of one muffler.
it's also louder of course, although i must admit i'm thinking of putting it back to standard 'cos sometimes the extra volume is a bit annoying on the 40k each way commute to work

·
Twincharge???
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am thinking of getting Liverpool Exhaust to custom knock-up something similar to the Alta (single muffler) on the passenger side for us in Australia to give a better balance and save the extra weight of the exhaust. Plus hopefully find a bit more power lurking in the rather restrictive Scorpion/PlayMini cat-back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts