MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,
i have now purchased my mcs exhaust for my one....:D
i have two options either pay £70 and get it fitted or do it my self!
the only problem iv got it that i need .....not the bracket that goes round the exhast to hold it up, but the bracket bit that fixes to the chassis of the car for the bracket that goes round the exhasut to fasten to (if that makes sense)?? obviously there is the one on the right hand side as this is where the original exhaust and bracket fixes to, but i need to get/buy or make one for the left hand side so that the left back box and bracket can be fastened to the chassis?
any one else had this problem, or got any ideas how i can get round it??
Cheers Lewis.

·
JP :-)
1,901 Posts
Having done the mod myself in the past, pay the £70 and get it done properly. I tried fitting the S exhaust on my ONE and it's a PITA ;)

If you plan on fitting the original brackets you'll need to drill into the boot floor, the garage I had mine fitted by decided the best option would be to weld the exhaust to the chassis rather than drilling holes into the boot floor :)

·
T o t a l m i n i . c o m
4,467 Posts
Having done the mod myself in the past, pay the £70 and get it done properly. I tried fitting the S exhaust on my ONE and it's a PITA ;)

If you plan on fitting the original brackets you'll need to drill into the boot floor, the garage I had mine fitted by decided the best option would be to weld the exhaust to the chassis rather than drilling holes into the boot floor :)
So I gather when your exhaust blow's they have to cut along the chassis to remove it:eek:
Also that means that they must of grinded back the paint to get a clean weld!

·
JP :-)
1,901 Posts
So I gather when your exhaust blow's they have to cut along the chassis to remove it:eek:
Also that means that they must of grinded back the paint to get a clean weld!
Thankfully no grinding back to the paint required, there is parts of the chassis which you can get a clean weld too, when I say to welded the exhaust to the chassis they also used part of an exhaust bracket, so in essence the bracket is welded to the chassis and fitted normally to the exhaust so in the case that it may ever need removed its v easy :) sorry should have made that clear in the original post.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts