MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently bought a 53 plate cooper s and cant get enough of driving it. However, i have been sat behind a few cooper s' since i have bought mine, and they seem to make a great pop and bag, where as mine does none of that. These were still 1st generation mcs but were a bit newer than mine. How come? And what could i do to mine to get it sounding a bit better?

cheers, dave

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok cheers mate, ill have to try that then. Have you thought about fitting the exhaust reroute pipe on your mcs? What difference would that make?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Recently bought a 53 plate cooper s and cant get enough of driving it. However, i have been sat behind a few cooper s' since i have bought mine, and they seem to make a great pop and bag, where as mine does none of that. These were still 1st generation mcs but were a bit newer than mine. How come? And what could i do to mine to get it sounding a bit better?

cheers, dave
No idea I'm afraid! Just to say my 54 MCS makes some pretty dramatic pops engine braking in second - from about say 5000 revs. I tend to use high octane petrol - the 99 stuff from Tesco right now; not sure if that makes a difference.

Rob

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ade - yes i have heard this is the case, not sure why though.

Baskers - was looking at exhaust but cant currently afford one. However, i was considering doing the exhaust reroute. Is this a good idea and does it make much difference?

cheers for the replies so far guys

·
Registered
943 Posts
D4V - yes re-route will increase bhp a little, and give a slightly deeper tone... some guys on the forum swear by it.

Mark - have you tried putting a clean air filter in?

·
Where does that road go?
12,574 Posts
My 56 plate MCS (1st gen) didn't seem to pop very much when I bought it on 11,000 miles. It has recently rolled over 15,000 miles on a regular diet of V Power and some spirited driving and now pops quite nicely. :D

·
XR3i / JCW MCS
543 Posts
D4V - yes re-route will increase bhp a little, and give a slightly deeper tone... some guys on the forum swear by it.

Mark - have you tried putting a clean air filter in?
yeah current filter has 2k on it so fairly new, if I sit stationary and blip the throttle to about 3500k I get a little pop but no matter how I drive nothing :(

Feel like I've bought some rice crispies and not got a full pack [:D]

·
Where does that road go?
12,574 Posts
Mark, if you set off and go from 1st to 2nd, and then take the revs upto say 3,000-3,500 rpm and then lift off does yours not pop?

Is your MCS a pre-facelift?

·
Registered
298 Posts
whats all the fuss with the popping anyway... if your giving it beans its bound to do a bit but why is it necessary to hear it all the time?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts