MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and I'm looking for advice on mods for the exterior of my MCS.
I've had my MCS for just over a year now and now think its time for a bit of styling! The only mod I've had is a sticking a nurburgring decal on the back of the car!

My MCS is dark silver, and I was thinking of changing to 17" Black Alloys. Do you think this would look good? Any pics of dark silver MCS with Black Alloys?

I would also like an aero kit and aero grill, but I think this may be too expensive for me at the moment? How much did you guys pay for yours? How much did this increase your insurance cost by?

I'm also thinking about engine upgrade from GTT, and I'd love to have the GTT badge on my car!

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Cheers

·
Registered
80 Posts
Take a look at minispeed.com as well. I've been advised by many people not to touch their performance parts but you can buy the aero kit from them in seperate parts if you cant afford it all at once.

I personally dont like the aero rear bumper but the front one looks sweet so may just start with that.

I've colour coded mine as well...see below, but think dark silver looks good with the black trim though.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks mate. I must say the colour coding there looks awesome. You really don't need an aero kit when you have that done. How did you manage to colour code it?

I think to start with I will get a nice set of black alloys, lohen aero grill then milltek exhaust. I will think about aerokit/colour coding once this has been done.

Any recommendations on black alloys for a dark silver MCS?

Any pictures with that colour combo?

Cheers

·
Totally Insane!
7,800 Posts
I have got the aero kit and the colour coding on mine, plus the Carbon Fibre Scoop, wing mirros and tailgate handle. I also have the Milltek :)D :D :D <----me all the time now! Best money I have spent!! :D). I recently got my wheels refurbed in Anthractie due to corrosion, so thats always an option for you although not sure what wheels you have now??

Will be going to Phil in September to have my roof decal changed as the monochrome UJ that was dealer fit is looking shabby now.

Hope that helps! :D

Attachments

·
Turbo Schmurbo...
822 Posts
Yes aero kit and colour coding looks great :biggrin:

Hmm, I'm not keen tbh. I think ds & black trim works really well when the aero grill is used but when colour coded... I don't think it looks right. :confused: . Still nice, but not for me thats all :)

I'm going carbon all round (need the boot lid handle) bar the spoiler then probably just an aero grill on mine :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have got the aero kit and the colour coding on mine, plus the Carbon Fibre Scoop, wing mirros and tailgate handle. I also have the Milltek :)D :D :D <----me all the time now! Best money I have spent!! :D). I recently got my wheels refurbed in Anthractie due to corrosion, so thats always an option for you although not sure what wheels you have now??

Will be going to Phil in September to have my roof decal changed as the monochrome UJ that was dealer fit is looking shabby now.

Hope that helps! :D
Did you get the milltek first or do a couple of things 15% pulley etc before it?

Dont wanna spend masses on the car but cant decide between exhaust or pulley...

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
Did you get the milltek first or do a couple of things 15% pulley etc before it?

A reduction pulley is the biggest "bang for buck" performance upgrade.

·
Totally Insane!
7,800 Posts

I have no engine mods. Just the Milltek! Which sounds great! But what MINIAC has said is true. If you want straight performance gains then a reduction pulley is the way to go! :D :D

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have no engine mods. Just the Milltek! Which sounds great! But what MINIAC has said is true. If you want straight performance gains then a reduction pulley is the way to go! :D :D
Can you hear the pops and bangs on the overrun whilst in the car and having the windows wound up?

Would love to hear that....just doesnt happen with the standard exhaust. :(

·
Totally Insane!
7,800 Posts
Can you hear the pops and bangs on the overrun whilst in the car and having the windows wound up?

Would love to hear that....just doesnt happen with the standard exhaust. :(
Yes I can, although obviously they are muted, but they are there! Although its best with the windows down and the music off!!! Sounds great! :D

·
Registered
165 Posts
Really like the look of the colour coded Aero kit, but the kit itself is pretty expensive, Liking the look of the aero grill Lohen offer though, might have to raid the bank account again

1 - 15 of 15 Posts