MINI Cooper Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
No guts, no glory!
572 Posts
Sorry, Beastmaster, when I mentioned the colour coding looked better, I really should have said that the blending of the sills looked better. All I was concerned about was that they should match the arches, and colour coding the arches does that -- but, of course, so would matching the sills to the black wheel arches (and would also visually reduce the slab sided effect from all that 'metallic grey' in the profile view) IMO :rolleyes:

·
Registered
74 Posts
All my ideas were already stated by others but I'll add them to the list anyways if it will encourage Mini to make the changes:

1.Allow buyers to delete things like A/C,rear wiper,cruise control,etc
2.Color match wheel arches and mirror caps to the car.
3.Offer unique colors.
4.Change the wheels
5.Change the wheels
6.Lose the tinting on the windows.
7.Bore/stroke the engine to 1.8 litres for a 12% bump in HP to 238.
8.Offer adjustable sway bars(Like the Porsche GT3)
9.Change the wheels

·
Registered
444 Posts
Preface: If you're buying a limited edition you want it to be obviously unique.

I like the idea of a different exhaust tip configuration - split dual M3 like. It would be distinctive, and wouldn't be much work to do a run of 2000. Same for rear valence to fit.

I'd like to see an aerokit, sideskirts & wheel arches that make the MINI slightly wider. ...Not for the sheer sake of appearance, but for the purpose of wider tires & wheels. The main benefits of larger than 16" wheels should be for larger brakes, wider wheels & tyre fitment. I'd like to see an M-Coupe type of fender appearance & 225 or even 235mm tyres. Make the MNI a bit more squat looking.

Color. Its either got to be DARK and sinister looking or LOUD and bright. Pseudo sporty or classy won't cut it. The current contrast is just awful. I appreciate MINI's willingness to take a risk, but it's just not working with the GP.

The JCW carbon wing looks much better than the GP wing. If the GP wing is functional, then try and incorporate it better. Looks afterthought-ish now.

Keep the underbody aerodynamic bits. Pump up the power to at least 230bhp, and give the car some unique badging & accents under the bonnet and in the cabin. Keep exterior badging classy. The painted roof badge strikes me as GT40 or Shelby Mustang like. I don't think the GP needs "me too" badging.

Easily doable:
- front AND rear calipers painted
- light good looking & wider wheels - not the fugly 4-spokes
- color-coded arches & trim - why should I care that MINI hasn't done it b4?
- SE interior panels - either carbon fiber or something else unique
- JCW seats with GP stripes, cloth or leather (delete option)
- steering wheel wrap, shift gator & brake gator all to match seats
- A/C, DSC available with delete option
- different aerokit - widebody/wheel-well liner - see above
- full JCW performance including bits from challenge cars (brake ducts etc.)
- 230-250 HP. MINI isn't light. The only way its internationally saleable is with the current body panels & roof. HP/weight will be most easily improved by increasing output.

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
The remedy for me would be to wait for the new model and tailor it with options to make it as unique and individual as you want it. 2000 all the same, OK 400 for the UK, but given an option list like the GP would you tick the box for BTCC rear wing, rear seat delete, side skirts from B and Q, Hotwheels 18" rims and MPG to rival HMS Ark Royal.
:)

·
1st MINI Owner in QLD !!!
2,467 Posts
Yeah get rid of the Red mirrors and front body kit.

How about like the Rover Cooper 500 Sports

Choice of 3-4 colours say
BRG with Silver roof, silver mirror caps, silver bonnet stripes, looks classy but the first time I saw one I i couln't pick the difference for a few moments. Then a billet? dashboar and door trims, and 4 seats perhaps thin foam rear so it's a token rear seat if you actually have friends:p
Then JCW kit with a reduced pully to give it a bit more go. along with JCW Seats, and lowered suspension

V

·
0 Posts
Apparently BMW made air con standard as there were a lot of complaints about the M3 CSL which did not come with a/c as standard...this is obviously fine, however then they should offer air con delete as an option.

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
Surely rear seats are a must have if you wanna carry more than one passenger.....
MINI make the car, not BMW ! Can we have some brand separation here.
OK air-con is a great bonus, but if this car is meant to be a track-tool then I reckon air-con is marketing over matter.
I mean the xenon lights have been ditched as has the rear wiper to save weight so why not dump the air-con ?
:smile:

·
Summer Splasher
675 Posts
I would do a number of this to remedy this. In no particular order, just off the top of my head:

* more power, painted calipers and upgraded rear rotors as well

* allow certain options -sunroof, in particular, to be added or deleted (DSC for example)

* permit other standard color combinations to be offered, the one shown is too blah, too much like dark silver. not exciting.

* special cloth/leather interior seating, not checkmate option

* side skirts are very odd - standard aerokit is cool, maybe with enhanced front and rear valences, but the side treatment should be ditched or changed

* 2000? Way too many.

* get rid of the rear seat delete deal

* ditch the 18s.....they are impractical unless you live on glass smooth roadways

I think those combinations would be more popular with the motoring public in real life.

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
Bit late I know but...

As I posted earlier make it look closer to this...

...ditch the front bumper for something closer to the Aero kit.

Give it a rear wiper.
Ditch the Air Con
Give a choice of JCW seats with no rears (for me) or Recaro WITH rear seats.
Give an option of 16" wheels
Non Run Flats
More power :D
Lower
...oh yeah Xenons :D

·
Track addict
5,960 Posts
Damo said:
Bit late I know but...

As I posted earlier make it look closer to this...

...ditch the front bumper for something closer to the Aero kit.

Give it a rear wiper.
Ditch the Air Con
Give a choice of JCW seats with no rears (for me) or Recaro WITH rear seats.
Give an option of 16" wheels
Non Run Flats
More power :D
Lower
...oh yeah Xenons :D

its amazing how just a few enhancements make this car look so much better. With the red accents and roof, and the multispoke wheels, this car looks superb - even the spoiler looks right like this. And it doesn't look 'rice'. I'd seriously buy this. Hope BMW are open to suggestions.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I understand what your saying, but "standard" high volume hot hatches are doing over 200bhp now, with 225 seemingly easily achievable, to all buyers of these competitors - so how can a 'special' like this only have 218bhp...????

Focus ST - 225bhp
Astra (crap but) 240+bhp
Leon Cupra R - 225bhp

What will we see from the next Civic Type R?

Looking forward to Paul's reports.... If they tidy the car up, well, hell, I'd just take it to GTTuning to uprate it to 240 ish anyway I guess.... problem with that is its more good money after more initial spending
New civic is the FD2 - Running 222BHP =D

But Focus ST - Tis quite a lump in comparison to the petit mini

41 - 58 of 58 Posts