MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Is over to the dark side
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I recently purchased an 05 MCS JCW and have noticed a noise when I pull away when the car is cold. I've owned a GP and a 54 MCS and never noticed the same noise hence the query.

Does anyone know what would make a...what I can only describe as a slight whirring noise when I pull away in 1st gear? I think it may be a combination of 1st gear and turning the steering wheel.

I don't notice the noise when the car has warmed up and it certainly isn't noticeable when at speed in higher gears, i.e. +20mph. Is it the hydraulics for the steering perhaps?

Hope someone can help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi All,

I recently purchased an 05 MCS JCW and have noticed a noise when I pull away when the car is cold. I've owned a GP and a 54 MCS and never noticed the same noise hence the query.

Does anyone know what would make a...what I can only describe as a slight whirring noise when I pull away in 1st gear? I think it may be a combination of 1st gear and turning the steering wheel.

I don't notice the noise when the car has warmed up and it certainly isn't noticeable when at speed in higher gears, i.e. +20mph. Is it the hydraulics for the steering perhaps?

Hope someone can help.

Chris

i had a 2003 MCS which made a noise when pulling off in 1st, after 10 trips back to the stealer they said it was clutch whine .

So £1000 and a new clutch and flywheel later the noise went away.

i am no expert just thought i would share my problem with you

hope you get it sorted

·
Is over to the dark side
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for that. You could be on to something as I asked the dealer that there seemed to be a click when depressing the clutch.

The only thing is that the sound in question seems to go away after the car is warmed up.

I think I should just take it to the dealer. Hopefully nothing too major or nothing at all.

Cheers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts