MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Nearly there
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got my 06 MCS lower on Eibachs -30mm springs. :D

Can't believe how much lower the back is and I thought the ride would of been worse but its not much different and not too bad over the bumps:D

Here's a few photos:

·
JCW 250
1,124 Posts
Looks superb Hugo! Got my JCW on 30mm Eibachs but after they have settled it looks more like 40mm - very low! The look is well worth it though... Ive got R95 18s and it look superb (IMO)

Like the silver/polished rim on your alloys too. Plus I see you have done a rear seat delete kit - nice work! I was thinking of doing the same on mine but have recently added the JCW rear seat bench to match the front JCW seats... :)

·
Nearly there
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks superb Hugo! Got my JCW on 30mm Eibachs but after they have settled it looks more like 40mm - very low! The look is well worth it though... Ive got R95 18s and it look superb (IMO)

Like the silver/polished rim on your alloys too. Plus I see you have done a rear seat delete kit - nice work! I was thinking of doing the same on mine but have recently added the JCW rear seat bench to match the front JCW seats... :)

It only costs £11 to make and I know the carpet is not an exact match but I'm happy with it. :D As I had to carry work equipment this weekend which fitted into the boot! But it was a good reason to take them out!

I've thought of matching rear seats but their £415 for cloth and sponge. you have to strip the exisiting seats and use the frame from them to build the JCW ones!

Looks well Hugh.:D

They weill drop a bit more like mine did
I've taken it down a few bumpy roads in Ards and Bangor to test it out and it wasn't much different over the bumps from standard and my dad didn't even notice when being a passenger :eek:. :D I think there was a bigger difference between the Cooper and the S!

I have more confidence through roadabouts I think I prefer go kart handling.

·
JCW 250
1,124 Posts
I've thought of matching rear seats but their £415 for cloth and sponge.
Very true - I got mine for £175 second hand never sat in from a mate of mine.

Go kart handling says is all - just like it should be, alot of fun! :)

·
Nearly there
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Keano that was lucky, I just took my back seats out! :D

I've been doing alot of driving since getting them fitted, over 500miles in three days. I'm impressed with them rides not harsh, speed bumps aren't much different to go over and I love the way its taken the bounciess out of the suspension making the Mini fell more positive and gives me more confidience! :D

Recommended purchase.

·
Mini Youngster
2,437 Posts
I will also agree that the ride didnt change much when I added my Eibachs! lol

Looks really well Hugh, cant wait to see it in the flesh.:D

·
Crakle and pop!!
438 Posts
This is a fantastic looking mini, shame you didnt add 10hp by choosing black haha :) Nah seriously though, this is the first road car i have prefered with the JCW spoiler. Can you notice any difference with the rear seats deleted? Louded exhaust note?

·
Nearly there
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is a fantastic looking mini, shame you didnt add 10hp by choosing black haha :) Nah seriously though, this is the first road car i have prefered with the JCW spoiler. Can you notice any difference with the rear seats deleted? Louded exhaust note?
I did get 181bhp on a rolling road with 163 ft lb of torque!. :p:D It is louder but not over powering but not as loud as I expected!:D

·
Crakle and pop!!
438 Posts
Haha you could of had 191 with the astro power. Thats good that though, i noticed when i had my seats down the other day its quite a nice loudness, not annoying just about right!Is that a militek exhaust you have Hugo?

·
Nearly there
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Haha you could of had 191 with the astro power. Thats good that though, i noticed when i had my seats down the other day its quite a nice loudness, not annoying just about right!Is that a militek exhaust you have Hugo?
Yeah fantastic exhaust system for the price!;) :D And how easy it is to fit!

·
Registered
15 Posts
what kind of alloys are those hugo? I'm about to mod my dark grey MCS and want black alloys too! how much were the alloys and how much to lower? have you upgraded the brakes aswell?

·
Nearly there
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
what kind of alloys are those hugo? I'm about to mod my dark grey MCS and want black alloys too! how much were the alloys and how much to lower? have you upgraded the brakes aswell?
Rota Subzeros 18"x7.5 only weight 7.9kg each!

£145 for the springs and £60 to fit them!

JCW brakes with 294mm cross drilled front disk upgrade and EBC turbo rear disks. Goodridge SS brake hoses and 5.1dot brake fuild!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts