MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
COOPER S LOCAL
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just Ordered A 75mm Slash Cut Milltek Back Box For My Mini Cooper S. I Am Worried That It Might Be Really Loud. I Don't Wanna Sound Like An Off The Beat Boy Racer.
Any Advice And More Importantly Info From People With This Exhaust Would Be Great!!!!!

Gettin It Done At Mini Sport Heard They Were Quite Good

·
Registered
219 Posts
THere are some sound clips here that you can compare them with the original sound. From what I've read its the closest to stock sound.

·
Registered
656 Posts
GeoffMM said:
Just Ordered A 75mm Slash Cut Milltek Back Box For My Mini Cooper S. I Am Worried That It Might Be Really Loud. I Don't Wanna Sound Like An Off The Beat Boy Racer.
Any Advice And More Importantly Info From People With This Exhaust Would Be Great!!!!!

Gettin It Done At Mini Sport Heard They Were Quite Good

I've got a Milltek exhaust, and the noise level is fine ;) , on the open road you won't notice any differnce from the original, in a built up area you'll notice a much better sound, so put your window down and enjoy the noise ;) ;)

·
Registered
90 Posts
The Milltek is louder but not obtrusively so in my opinion. On motorways and open roads, like GRS said, you will hardly notice the difference but when accelerating hard through the gears theres a lovely sound as you come off the throttle to change up, and just pootling around town it pops like a rally car (but again not too much so).

Enjoy it!

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have a Milltek slash cut on my Cooper, and the exhaust note differs slighlty (for the better), and is not obtrusive. Looks a whole lot better too. A cone filter is much more noticeable, which is why I now run a panel filter. The cone is very boomy at certain speeds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts