Smoker Package
Sports Seats
Sports suspension PLUS
Visibility Pack

Well there you have it. WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO

·
Registered
28 Posts
Why are you waiting until May 05? Surely thats not the waiting list for a MCS is it?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If we ordered next week then it would be JULY!!! Our dealer has been allocted another 8 slots on the production line as they sold their original quota.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I was talking to my dealer who seems to always have a very good allocation and they don't have cars until next May now. My situation is rather strange in that I am getting mine via BMW customer service (have been offered a large discount on my new S for the problems I've had with my Cooper) which in theory should have meant a quick delivery lead time, however, even through that route (ordered the car in Sept) its going to be late December.

Regards
Christopher

·
Registered
28 Posts
Chris,

What discount did you get off your MCS?

·
Registered
785 Posts
It works out as follows:

I am trading my car in for a guaranteed £10,500. My Cooper is 2 years old today and has about 31k on the clock, by the time December comes I will have done another couple of thousand miles, as of tomorrow I will commute from Congleton to Liverpool (aprox 100 miles a day)

The car as specced works out at £17,825. I am paying £14,779 for the vehicle (ie. a discount of £3,046, I'm also getting a tank of fuel! In effect my to change price is just over £4k.

So all in all not a bad deal.

Regards
Christopher

·
A mini is a way of life.
2,643 Posts
i have been to order a cooper s works from rydale cardiff today. delivery date is jan 05. may 05 is mad. it pay's to shop around. i couldn't wait that long.

aston

·
Registered
77 Posts
Have you asked your dealer to check the manifest of cars coming into their dealership? Maybe it's different here in the US. I just wrecked my Cooper last week (Oct 20th to be exact). The insurance company is sending me a check next week to pay off my car, and then some. I have been shopping several dealers in the area for a Cooper S (gotta step it up to the S), and found a dealer who has an S coming in, very basic like I want. The dealers tend to load up the ones on the lot and charge a lot of money . . . plus the market adjustment. Some cars as high as $30k!! So this other dealer shows me the manifest: he has a Chili Red, White Top, Cloth interior, 16" v-spoke wheels coming in (actually arrived in the states on Oct 28th). Will be delivered to his dealership next week, so he's holding it for me. I have the paperwork here outlining the details of the car and the cost. $2,500 markup is all. Everything else MSRP. I scored! I'll be getting aftermarket wheels, exhaust and springs.

Scott
[email protected]

·
Registered
56 Posts
i ordered my cooper s two weeks ago and getting delivery in Jan. i think 6-7 months seems a bit excessive! probably best to shop around as every dealer that i've rung up here in leeds is able to delivery in jan or feb...

·
A Total Mini Convert
923 Posts
I ordered mine 2 weeks ago, and got a date of last week in March to arrive at dealer, collect early April, so I guess thats just how long they take :(
At least the worst of the weather should be over by then.
This waiting is hard though, it already seems like months!!

Matthew

·
Sorted Respect Due
37 Posts
I ordered mine in the middle of August and the pick up date is the middle of April '05! 8 pigging months! Meantime my SLK 230 is losing money and starting to creak(how does your current car seem to know that it's not going to be around much longer?) I even started thinking about the new Astra HELP !

·
Now answering to Lady J!
10,271 Posts
Ordered mine at the end of July for 1st March 2005. Didn't think i would need to order it that soon and if it wasn't for my dad going into the garage to ask, i would have missed it! Went to another garage afterwards to check and was told I wouldn't have been able to get an MCS til Q2 2005 so think these long lead times are quite normal. Not many garages have a huge allocation, hence the wait. Oh well, even though the waiting is tough, it just makes getting the car more exciting!

·
MCS Owner-to-be
37 Posts
My waiting list was 6 months from Broadoak Canterbury, so this length doesn't seem unusual at all although the waiting list certinaly seems to vary a lot between dealers.

The main problem with a long waiting list for me has been changing my mind constantly on colour and spec every time I see an MCS drive past!!

Oh well, only got until the 14th Jan to wait now!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts