MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i'm wondering if anyone of you guys have this problem that i'm currently experiencing.
Problem 1) Speakers/Hifi:
My mid speaker on the driver side has a buzzing/distortion noise when i've my music on. The distortion/buzz normally appears during musical instructments section of the music. And at times, during DJ's conversation on the radio. Is anyone experiencing the same problem?
I've been to the dealer twice about this issue and they said they can't find the source of the problem. They reckon its not the speaker fault but the door trim and the noise is being caused by the resonace of the music with the trims. Which i reckon is BS. Can anyone provide any advice on this matter..
Problem 2) Gears
Also i'm experiencing the problem with the gears (down switching from 3 to 2), its stuck at times and i have to force it to go in and it creates a funny noise whenever i do that. But these prob doesn't occur while i'm travelling at under 25km/hr. At the begining i thought its because my car is new and its probably needs time to grin the gears smoother. But its been nearly 9mnths since i've got the car and the problem is still there.

Any ADVICE and FEEDBACK on this will be greatly appericated.

PS: i need some feedback to bring it to the attention of my dealer here in Australia.

KIM

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
What settings are you using in terms of bass & fade?

Try turning the bass to 0 and the fader to the rear by about 5.

Your dealer seems less than helpful :(

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The noise that comes out of the speakers are buzzing like noise. Does anyone have that problems? Try turning your speakers on loud and see if you guys experience the same problem? My problem has kinda escalated - its buzzes at times at low volumes which irritates the hell outta me...

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have the same buzzing sound. Mine is from the drivers door, somewhere around the door opener/upper speaker. I have had it back to the dealers, but they couldn't find anything. I had the door panel off myself and fixed some felt pads to the edges of the door ring and anywhere else that two edges came together. It's certainly improved things, so something must be vibrating in the door panel. I'll see how it goes.

Oh, and in my opinion, the HiFi system is more than adequate. I guess it's all down to peoples personal opinion. It's certainly not 'pants'. In fact there's enough bass to make the door panels vibrate:p

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have a similiar problem with my speakers but it is more of a cracking sound during more insstrumental mor quiet parts of music that i notice it. prolly does it all the time but i don't notice it when more is going on. dealership has no clue what to do about it, they replaced both speakers on the right side and now even replaced my stereo but it still does it, with my ipod and brand new store bought cd's. no idea what to do about it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've got buzzing in my 08 MCS. I thought I had the volume too high, but that's not the case. At low levels there is buzzing. I was getting ready to just swap out for aftermarket speakers. Anyone had any luck with that?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I had a buzzing noise which occurred during strong bass parts of music. After clambering around inside the car, found it was coming from the panel housing the nearside rear speaker. Took the panel off (bit of a faff), and the culprit was one of the metal clips which fix the top of the panel to the body. The solution was to stick electricians tape along the edge of the lip where the clips fit, to avoid the metal on metal. Not sure if the door panels have these clips, but they could well be the cause in your case too.

·
MINI2 Regular
3,726 Posts
im having this problem with my speakers atm! however, the smaller speaker is buzzing like crazy and the 6x9 and bigger door speaker ust simply dont turn on.

anyone found the sure yet?

·
Registered
12 Posts
distortion in speakers

Hi I have just bought a 2007 Cooper D, After a few days a crackling/distortion started coming from either or both the the speakers in the driver's side door. It is most noticable during speech radio. The distortion was present for about two day's play then it seemed to clear. Today it came back again. Volume & tone changes makes no difference. I have booked it into the dealer who will hopefully fix the problem. What seems baffling is that the problem seems to be intermitant. If the speaker has blown I would have thought the problem would be present all the time.

·
Clubman D
1,365 Posts
Yes, I have this 'buzz' on the upper speaker in my drivers door. I like my music to sounds good (hard on a MINI stereo I know) so setting the bass to 0 isn't an option i'm afraid as the sound is 'tinny' enough to begin with! I think it is the surrounding trim rather than the actual speaker, so I've taken to pinning my right knee against the speaker area, which means I have to drive everywhere on cruise control :p :eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts