MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I own a 56 plate 2007 R56 MCS (which I could not be more thrilled with!) I've had it for about 6 months now, and it's just reached the tender mileage of 10,000.

The computer states that there is approx. 8,000 miles until the 1st service, however I just want to check to make sure this is about right, and whether I should be getting some sort of oil change, inspection or similar before the 1st service.

Also, I'm having a couple of minor problems I'm wondering whether any light can be shed on, in which case a dealer visit may be in order anyway:

• Very occassionally, when starting from cold, the car sounds a bit 'diesely' when idling, until I've been driving for a few minutes.
  • I've topped up the coolant for the second time (from min to max) over the last couple months. However there is no visible leak

Any help would be much appreciated!

Matt

·
Registered
565 Posts
mines done 10k and says 6k to service but that's the front brake pads time to change
mine sounds rough as well for first few mins think they not the quietest engines
cant say mine as used any coolant but they do run hot

·
Registered
191 Posts
I asked the same thing about service.... I'm @ 6k and not scheduled for service until 20k, or approximately "04/2010". I called my SA and he said "yep that sounds right". I'm thinking about changing it myself before then though.

Although my car does idle a touch rough on startup (can't mention cold though as I've only had it since 4/30), I haven't checked the coolant yet.

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
Its every 2 years or mileage according to the computer. Therefore yours will need doing based upon time.

Take your car in about the coolant - the same thing happened to mine, and I got a new thermostat under warranty - yet to discover whether this has fixed it, but tell the dealer...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts