MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Members might find the following link to Parkers Guide for the MCS Road Tax 08-09-10 :-

Road tax - Parker's

MCS's with start/stop giving a CO2 level of 149 as opposed to pre August 07 with CO2 of 164 will certainly benefit :cool:

Unfortunately my MCS is July 07 :rolleyes:

·
owt else is just traffic
1,462 Posts
Mine is a first week in August 07 build and was £115 ,it has already gone up to £120 for when I renew in a couple of months but that's roughly where it will stay looking at that. Having said that , the way prices for everything are going the car might have to make way for foot or pedal power:D

·
MCS AB Owner! =D
325 Posts
This is why the MCS stomps all over other hot hatches in terms of emissions. I had the Focus ST (2.5 V5 Turbo!) and Mazda RX-8 in mind when looking for my next car. Obviously, I loved both of these cars to bits, more the Focus ST. But the main reasons that put me off the Focus ST....

1) The dealer was trying to sell me the 1st Gen Focus ST (which I prefered over the new ST) at full price. Was going to cost me the same monthly, but the model had already stopped being produced.

2) Tax was astonishingly high! Of course I loved the 2.5 V5 Turbo Volvo engine, but with the tax now set to go sky high for high emissions cars, it was not worth it.

3) I would of probably been feeding the ST fuel more often.

The MINI Cooper S (even though it was the last car to consider on my list) ticked all the boxes. The drive was very comparable to my last car; nippy, agile, grippy. It wasn't too big, it looks great, cheap to tax compared with other hot hatches with the same performance, better MPG and more money in my pocket ;).

·
JcwMiniAdventures
434 Posts
Those figures are completly wrong for me i have a r53 cooper S reg in oct 2003 & in march when i had to pay they charged me £205 which went to £210 when i did online so how those figures are correct or there overcharging me i dont know

I do love my S to bits but the tax is nearlly the equilvalent to a car double/triple the size

Is everyone else's the same for the same age??

·
Waiting for Works Clubman
338 Posts
Bloomin' nora! My MCS is going to be £210 this year, and £300 next! Meanwhile, my dad's ancient deisel pays about half that! Who came up with this **** tax system?

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Road Tax charges are now based on the CO2 emission's. The current MCS without start/stop has a rating of 164, and engines with start/stop 149. Hence the difference.

MCS's with the early engine pay more road tax because of the higher emission.

The ironic part is if an owner with a start/stop MCS turns it off, he will still pay less tax :mad:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi

A non start / stop R56 MCS is currenlty £145 up £5 from last year........we just got our tax reminder........VERY reasonable when you look at similar hot hatches.....

Ken

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi

A non start / stop R56 MCS is currenlty £145 up £5 from last year........we just got our tax reminder........VERY reasonable when you look at similar hot hatches.....

Ken

It's not bad, but will increase to £175 from next April and £180 the year after.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Here's a VED table:

Model R53 R56 R56A
CO2 g/km 207 164 149
2008-9 £ 210 145 120
2009-10 £ 300 175 120
2010-11 £ 310 180 125

Details of rates from BBC.

R53 from the Cooper S 'Checkmate' special edition (55 reg).
R56 with turbo.
R56A with turbo & 'Minimalism' (aka stop/start), post-August 07.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts