MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out here where I live it seems there isn't anyone who can remap the MCS yet. I'm also researching what exhaust to import for it (looking for catless turbo back system).

I've got an HKS EVC boost controller in my garage and I was wondering whether to stick this in my car in the meantime? I'm just not sure what the stock boost level is for an 07 MCS and how much boost the stock block can safely handle. In addition, does anyone know what the efficient boost range is for the stock turbo?

I'm obviously a bit concerned about adding to much boost as I don't know anything about the stock ECU mapping. Is it aggressive in terms of timing and fueling (i.e. lots of timing and lean fueling) or can the stock map handle a bit of extra boost?

·
Registered
851 Posts
Try searching on NAM for the answers to your questions.

If I remember correctly Alta found that the stock ECU would freak out at a certain boost level, I think it went into reduced power mode. I'm sure they decided an remap or piggyback was needed to get any decent gains from upping the boost alone.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice. I agree that a remap is a must to get the best from the car. However, I'm still not clear on whether to chip or remap. And it really depends on what I can get hold of here in SA.

I'll check the NAM forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts