MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

I'm a newbie to the forum and also to owning a mini. I just got an 06' MCS and I'm totally in love. I like doing things on the car myself and customising it a little here and there. So far I've added the aero grill, the ipod integration kit and am about to tackle a bluetooth integration kit myself also.

The car I bought however has aftermarket wheels put on my the PO. The car was exactly what I wanted aside from these wheels. I've checked with my local dealer and the wheels I want are about $1800 for a set. Which I will end up getting if I can't find them anywhere else cheaper.

Which brings me to my question to you all... Does anyone know where I could get used 17" wheels or even swindle a discount off the $1800 for a new set anywhere in Melbourne?

I've done my best google searching to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Leo

·
Registered
67 Posts
There's at least two guys here who want to get rid of nice crown spokes and put on ultraleggeras. So I reckon you've got a good chance there of picking them up.

Heh, I wonder if that was the mini I saw on carpoint ages back. Nice mini but with the most hilarious chrome toy wheels put on... they were so bad I spat my coffee.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys,

I currently have 17" Akuza Rims... UGH! You can easily see them on eBay already.

I'm selling as quickly as I can! Ideally, I wanted the Flame Spoke wheels, which is what I was quoted from the Mini Dealership. I saw a mini like mine with these wheels and I was in love.

Having said that, I'm so desperate to get these wheels off, I think I would settle for any stock Mini wheels.

The car is awesome in every other way. It has everything that I wanted: MCS, Black roof on Pure Silver body, leather, chrono pack, sunroof. It's just these hideous wheels.. I keep stopping at lights and have guys in lowered VL Commodores & P-platers wanting to burn me off at the lights!

Will post some pics when the forum lets me.

Cheers,
Leo

·
Registered
619 Posts
Thanks Guys,
I keep stopping at lights and have guys in lowered VL Commodores & P-platers wanting to burn me off at the lights!
Isnt it great when you destroy them ! they feel so violated :D

·
trust me, I'm a doctor...
258 Posts
Hey Leo, nice to meet you.

Nice spec with the MINI. I have an 05 Dark Silver MCS.

I have a spare set of 17" S-lites, not the flamespokes... but in Melb if you're interested?
Pics of the wheels IMG_0377 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Mine is the closest MINI in the pic, btw!

Dave

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm thinking of getting a new set of 18" Ultraleggera wheels and would be wanting to sell my current wheels (17" Crown Spokes) when I get the new ones on.

Only thing is... It won't be for a few weeks probably.

Let me know if your interested.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the great offers guys... Dave - I've pm'd you re the wheels, and Wizzzz, I'll let you know pending discussions with Dave on his.

I'll post up my pics as soon as I'm able, I think I have to make min 5 posts before I can add pics or URLs. I have a gallery of pics I can post.

Have almost finished my bluetooth install today, I am just waiting on the wiring harness for the HK Stereo to come. The Microphone is in, the bluetooth box is secured inside the knee bolster and all the wires are snugly tucked away. Can't wait!

Have to say, I've got a mini obsession starting here & loving it.

·
258 Posts
Pm'd back mate.

I was originally going to paint them matte black and use them as track wheels...

But then I'd have to buy new tyres, and find somewhere to paint them. And would probably only use them once a year at most!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Guys, I worked out how to upload pics, I will still post a gallery link at some point, but here he is..
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mini Motor vehicle
This was taken today in the Yarra Valley. (some photoshop editing also)
I really like the aero grill..

Whatcha think?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dave, Have PM'd you back, I think we have a deal...

Sure glad I found this forum...!

Did some photo editing to see what they will look like...

Existing wheels
Flame Spokes
S-lights

I really like the two original mini options.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hi lionman!
nice ride and welcome to MINI2
did you buy the mini from a mitsu dealership?
Hey e_34,

Yeah, this is the one from the Mitsu-dealership. Was looking around for a while and was almost going to head to Sydney for one, but found this one and was pretty satisfied. Was dealing with an older guy there who was actually really upfront & good to deal with.

Thanks for the welcome folks, Am really loving the forum and all the great info.

Cheers all.

·
258 Posts
Nice pics!

I agree those first alloys are a nasty piece of work. Haha. The flamespokes and the s lites both look good. Though I think in real life the S-lites aren't that shiny!

Is the aero grill a hard job?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice pics!

I agree those first alloys are a nasty piece of work. Haha. The flamespokes and the s lites both look good. Though I think in real life the S-lites aren't that shiny!

Is the aero grill a hard job?
Yeah, I tried to Photoshop them a little more silver, I think those ones look very chrome. I think the S-lites will do wonders for the poor little car.. :p

The Aero Grill isn’t too bad, I did it one night after work, think it took about 2 hours with me stuffing about. You definitely need a Dremel Tool though; I wouldn't attempt it without one.- Can loan you my dremel if you want to attempt it. ;)

I tied to make the mods on mine reversible as far as possible. If I really wanted to I could remove that aero grill and replace the stock chrome and silver one. Doubt that I would now though.

·
258 Posts
Dremel tool?!

Think I'll wait til I get the full aero front bumper before I give it a go. Good photoshop skills mate!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
PIcs finally!

Hi Guys,

Been meaning to post some pics of the baby with the new wheels courtesy of Im_Dave. (Thanks Dave)

The before pic...

I'm really happy with the results. (Aero Grille, Tint, Wheels)

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mini cooper Mini Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mini cooper Mini Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mini cooper Mini

·
258 Posts
Ahhh... much beter.

Good work. BTW where is the location of the two latter pics? I see a lot of people taking pics there but have no idea where it is.

Cheers.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts