MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Totally Insane!
7,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought I would put some pictures of my old R105s which are now new again! :p

I had the burnished R105s which had survived 2 winters, but a few months ago I noticed some corrosion around the bolts. The dealer won't cover this under warranty as it looked like stone chips had caused the metal to be exposed! :eek:

I then had a decision to make! I couldn't afford to get all new alloys and tyres, but at the same time getting the wheels refurbed to standard was also expensive, but they needed fixing as the corrosion was spreading and was just making the wheels not look as good!

So I decided to get them powder coated and lose the burnished effect totally! :eek: I was really worried once I had made the decision as I couldn't imagine what they would look like, but I am now really glad that I had them done! :D The colour I chose was Anthracite! Looks darker in the pictures than it is! Apologies for the pictures on my driveway, I have not had time (nor the weather) to get better ones!

Attachments

·
Totally Insane!
7,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! :D

Yes the whole wheels got stripped and redone! :D Well it is gloss and certainly has a shine to it! :p I am really happy about it! I was so worried! But once he drove it out, I knew I had made the right choice! :D :D

·
MiNi2 dEmOn
841 Posts
Nice...I like!!!!

Got to becareful though, being powdercoated and if you have a chip or kurb them it will all start to peel off. I know this cause I've had this done in the past!!!!

·
Crakle and pop!!
438 Posts
Looks very nice Vickie, its funny in the photos the wheels look quite small (i know they arent as i have some of these lol) I think the darker alloys work better with your colour anyway :)

·
MiNi2 dEmOn
841 Posts
btw I think you have a drain on its way out with that dip in your drive!! ...sorry, bit off topic! HEHE

·
Totally Insane!
7,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
btw I think you have a drain on its way out with that dip in your drive!! ...sorry, bit off topic! HEHE
Nope that was damage caused by builders and their skip! :rolleyes: Just never got round to getting it fixed! Habit that I park in the middle, plus it means I get the best view of my car! Out of the windows! Not that I stare at it lots or anything! :eek: :eek: :p

·
MiNi2 dEmOn
841 Posts
Nope that was damage caused by builders and their skip! :rolleyes: Just never got round to getting it fixed! Habit that I park in the middle, plus it means I get the best view of my car! Out of the windows! Not that I stare at it lots or anything! :eek: :eek: :p
Thats what I do, even when I park in a public car park...I always park it where I can admire it the most!!! LOL!

...Bloody builders!!!!!;)

·
Registered
22,101 Posts
might be a bit far away for me to use and I think there is a powder coaters in the village - right next to a TYRE shop as luck would have it ;) If I get stuck I'll get back to ya :D:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts