MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MCS using optimax fuel consumption

hi guys, i am still on my first tank of petrol of my new MCS,

just want to know how many km can you guys do on one full tank of optimax?

·
Boy who made the wolf cry
10,324 Posts
I get about 540km... but thats on the highway giving it a bit of a thrash every now and then... best I've seen is approx. 590km... I think that was with BP Ultimate though...

At the moment Im gettting about 400 per tank.. but I have been driving pretty hard recently!!

Todd

·
Registered
254 Posts
asinn said:
hi guys, i am still on my first tank of petrol of my new MCS,

just want to know how many km can you guys do on one full tank of optimax?
Using Shell Optimax in the UK I average 450km to 600km per 11 gallon tank of fuel depending on driving conditions and style.

During the running-in/break-in period I was averaging around 530km to 580km per tankfull.

Hope this helps.

Alan W

·
Banned
1,171 Posts
I average around 350km- 400km , around town, but then again thats me :D
On the freeway , i get around 550km ;)

·
2,756 Posts
Most of my driving is up and down the freeway... I reckon I get around 550 out of the tank this way.

Interestingly enough, I thought that I had better fuel economy when I was running in the car and that dropped off once the negine loosened up a bit.

·
Banned
1,171 Posts
doona said:
Interestingly enough, I thought that I had better fuel economy when I was running in the car and that dropped off once the negine loosened up a bit.
Thats funny , usually its the other way around :confused: , have you done any mods???

·
MINIstry of Fun
1,561 Posts
doona said:
Most of my driving is up and down the freeway... I reckon I get around 550 out of the tank this way.

Better fuel economy during run-in is probably due to lighter throttle, lower revs, etc. Once we run them in, I admit, I'm not so easy on the loud pedal. :D

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
according to the reports I get from leaseplan I'm averaging about 11 to 11.5 litres per 100km's....
according to the on board computer I'm getting around 9.5 litres per 100km's.....

·
2,756 Posts
eltel said:
Better fuel economy during run-in is probably due to lighter throttle, lower revs, etc. Once we run them in, I admit, I'm not so easy on the loud pedal. :D

That is probaly correct.. I think I was taking it a little easier before it ws run in.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Well, im only a cooper driver, 5 speed, & im using & will only be using BP Ulimate, my onboard computer reads 8.1L / 100k's......average around 550km's a tank i guess.

Of late ive been driving my cooper very hard, alot of pricks on the road at the moment like tail gating me, so i lose them on the corners. he he he. :D

Daniel

Ps: Got in a great ummmmm *whispers* street race against a 206 Gti, not the new 130 kw 206 the older 100 kw 206.......i dont know how my little 85 kw cooper flogged him......must be of been my driving.

Wish i brought a S now, imagine what i could, i know what i would of done, installed the hartge kit & say ' goodbye ' to all these stupid annoying mazda 3 sp23 drivers.

Anyone notice the amount of new mazda 3's on the road these days......hundreds & thousands.

Glad i drive a very rare car. :D :D :D

·
JCW No. 1459
869 Posts
Typically get about 450km out of tank ... and that's a mixture of both city and freeway ... which is about 11.1L/100km even though the onboard computer reports about 10.1L/100km ... based on conversations with other my consumption appears to be on the high side but that doesn't surprise me as I typically don't make too much use of 5th & 6th

Having said that the MCS has a 50L tank and the most I have ever been able to fill the tank with is about 44L even though my estimated range at the time was down to about 25km ... there's an extra 5L hiding somewhere I just don't seem able to find it :rolleyes:

Best case freeway type driving is about 550+km per tank :D which doesn't happen very often

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i don't know is there something wrong with my car or the way i am driving it,

i am on my first full tank of petrol on my MCS, and there is only under 1/4 tank left, but the car have only done around 300km,

i have been doing abit of city driving, but i don't floor the car at all, very light gas all the time, and i am using optimax also........

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
About this Discussion
33 Replies
24 Participants
DrJ
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing