MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I like MINIs I do
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My MCSC arrived at the dealership this afternoon.

I went to see the car (and rev it a bit... lot) and woooooooah :D Awesome noise, simply stunning car. Dirty (not valeted yet obviously) but stunning!

Driver side door handle thing is cloth though not leather, but that will be replaced by the time I pick it up on Wednesday. Silly Oxford people!

A little worried about that flimsy cloth material that makes part of the roof (is exposed when roof is down) - driver side appears to be creased and fraying already. Still, all that kinda thing can get done on warranty after a month or so when I've got used to the car and found any other bits I want looking at. I'll also be getting the JCW tuning kit and the JCW 18" wheels done then.

Mine had the new MP3 stereo with single CD, harmon kardon, sat nav, heated seats, dsc, folding mirrors etc etc - full spec basically (£25k). Buttons everywhere! So damn excited now, can't wait until its mine.

Almost there!! Btw... I'm so in love with Cool Blue/Blue roof/Blue leather. *drool*

Attachments

·
Astro Black MINI Maniac
171 Posts
Lovely Car ....can imagine exactly how you feel ...especially with the JCW AddOns waiting :D :D :D

I saw a CAr with exactly my Spec today and it looked stunning...can´t wait to get mine....18 days left.
I think next Year i´ll order a Cooper S Cab and sell my Cooper Cab...i just couldn´t switch anymore cause all slots were full.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Lucky boy - could not afford one of those so I am starting at the bottom with a MOC and hopefully work my way up to a MCSC JCW (should only take me about 10 years!)

·
I like MINIs I do
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers guys :D Partx'ing my MC in on Wednesday, Silk Green, 51 plate second hand. Got it as a fill-in car and fell in love. It's an Auto, but I'm in love with the new MINI gearbox! So excited that I'll be driving a manual again - it's the only way to go :p

Even if I do identify problems, that's what the warranty is for :p I've got a good relationship with my rep and I'm sure he'll help me as much as he can. Should I have any troubles you'll all be the first to hear.

Thanks again MINI2 :D Roll on Wednesday! :D

·
Hyper Blue Mini S Cab
48 Posts
abs0lutely said:
Mine had the new MP3 stereo with single CD, harmon kardon, sat nav, heated seats, dsc, folding mirrors etc etc - full spec basically (£25k). QUOTE]

crongrats on the car but how did you get it upto £25K or that with the works kit????

·
I like MINIs I do
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol nope, MCSC will full spec weighs in at 25k.

With JCW tuning kit and wheels it'll end up closer to 30. With all the options it'll probably need the tuning kit, given all the extra weight from the options!

Just a couple more days to go. So excited :D

·
Benny the Yellow Cab
347 Posts
The Price of Rice in China

Hello...I'm new here...don't mean to intrude but couldn't help noticing the previous post.

25,000 Pounds Sterling comes to - last time I checked - about $45,000. Base price here for a MCSC is $25,000 or about 13,888 Pounds. Add some features ...say take it to $30,000 - 16,666 Pounds Sterling. Add about 666 Pounds for ocean freight and unless you have one hellacious import duty you'd be better off buying here and re-importing it into Britain! Of course you'd have LHD. Speaking for myself - here in Colorado - I wish I could get RHD!

Peter

·
Registered
172 Posts
The last few days of waiting are the worst. I hope the weather gets better for when you collect - When my dealer handed me the keys the sun suddenly broke through the clouds: Perfect.

Remember the suncream.

·
I like MINIs I do
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Peter Crowl - I know, I don't understand how they can be so much cheaper in the states. It really sucks.

Babaza - tell me about it! Getting paperwork ready for partx cooper, better go out and take my CD's out before I forget ;)

Lets hope the weather picks up tomorrow - two days of rain down here so far! :eek:

·
AWOL
14,247 Posts
Peter Crowl said:
Hello...I'm new here...don't mean to intrude but couldn't help noticing the previous post.

25,000 Pounds Sterling comes to - last time I checked - about $45,000. Base price here for a MCSC is $25,000 or about 13,888 Pounds. Add some features ...say take it to $30,000 - 16,666 Pounds Sterling. Add about 666 Pounds for ocean freight and unless you have one hellacious import duty you'd be better off buying here and re-importing it into Britain! Of course you'd have LHD. Speaking for myself - here in Colorado - I wish I could get RHD!

Peter
its not called rip off britain for nothing !.... tax will take up a big part... we just pay generally through the nose in the UK...

BTW lovely spec, love the new Cool Blue !.... Lets hope you dont need any warranty work just yet !!.... Enjoy !!

·
I like MINIs I do
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not sure yet ;) Thinking of popping to Tesco and getting that Cream Classics one, or just putting in some of my favourite MoS stuff. The 6CD changer is factory fitted, so I'll cram it full :D Might even take a disc of MP3's.

Just been on the phone to BMW - going in tomorrow just after lunch. Woo :D

Unfortunately they confirmed that it has the 2004-1 DVD for satnav and not the 2004-2 - which as far as I understand means TMC wont work. Apparently they can't order the new one yet either, but I'll make sure that's sorted for when I go back to get the works kit done. It's £250 for the new DVD, but I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get it replaced under warranty.

Love the way the xenons move about when you turn them on :p

·
Dark Silver/White
75 Posts
Good luck for tomorrow and I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that the sun is shining for you (and all other convertible owners, obviously :D )

Not only is is great driving around with the top off, but you will find that the Cool Blue colour really does stand out in good weather rather than the usual grey drizzle we get.

I was a little unsure of the colour at first, and even thought i had made a mistake, but once that sun hits it, its awesome - everyone has commented on how fantastic it looks.

And don't even get me started on the lights - everytime I've shown the car off to someone, I've made them stand round the front and switched them on - the reaction from people has been great and I've never got tired of seeing it for my self.

Hope everything goes ok with the handover and look forward to seeing the pics.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
9 Participants
Carolynn
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing