MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got an R56 black cooper & am always looking to get the best shine possible, i am currently using chemical guys polish & 5050 wax. The paint work currently has a good shiny finish with very few blemishes. my question is would an electric polisher make a great deal of difference on good paint or is it just for paintwork that is not that good.

·
Nearly there
3,142 Posts
I bought one a couple of months ago! Good investment I've done a couple of cars with it and useful to have just to take out scratches, etc, but it won't take out all scratches but it should reduce them! I also use it just to give the Mini a polish with speed turned down and Megs Show Glaze #7.

If you do buy one get a scrap bonnet and wing to practice on especially around the edges!

Beware Buying pads, polishes and waxes can be addictive. Need any advice just send me a PM.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought one a couple of months ago! Good investment I've done a couple of cars with it and useful to have just to take out scratches, etc, but it won't take out all scratches but it should reduce them! I also use it just to give the Mini a polish with speed turned down and Megs Show Glaze #7.

If you do buy one get a scrap bonnet and wing to practice on especially around the edges!

Beware Buying pads, polishes and waxes can be addictive. Need any advice just send me a PM.[/QUOT

thanks guys, ill have a think about it

·
Crakle and pop!!
438 Posts
Im thinking of doing this to, also a member of detailing world seems like the best option for a result/saftey ratio the g220. Just bauking at the £150 for it lol

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It does seem a lot, plus they don't even give you any pads for it so that going to cost you another £25.

·
Nearly there
3,142 Posts
I got pad and polish with G220 for £135.

Shop around, JP on here got really good deal online with loads of sonus products for £185

·
Crakle and pop!!
438 Posts
Really? Cheers for that info people any ideas where or did they just google it and get searching? I have some very annoying swirls on my back end (ooo errr lol)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was just wondering as well how easy it is to damage the cars paintwork with one. My dad always told me it was easy to burn the paint work. Has anyone had any problems?

·
JP :-)
1,901 Posts
Really? Cheers for that info people any ideas where or did they just google it and get searching? I have some very annoying swirls on my back end (ooo errr lol)
Shop around, I got good discounts off pads and polishes, try cleanyourcar.co.uk, theultimatfinish.com and polishedbliss ;)

I was just wondering as well how easy it is to damage the cars paintwork with one. My dad always told me it was easy to burn the paint work. Has anyone had any problems?
No problems using the g220 and burning through the paint... start off with the least aggressive pad/polish combo and work up from there, the Menzerna range is great for starting :)

Hugo, just using the Megs pads atm and they work fantastiv with the menzerna polish, havnt even had a chance to try the Meguiars polish :p

·
Crakle and pop!!
438 Posts
Warning about detailing world people, if you like cleaning you car to excessive levels like me, detailing world will empty your wallet lol. Its a fantastic site, just saving up for my g220 now going to get some Menzerna polish and meg pads. Why did i buy a black car lol!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts