MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
SuperSoniC
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Melbourne Mini Shop

HEy guys,

Need some help here. Can you guys tell me where can I find aftermarket Mini product/Accessories shop in Melbourne? Please let me know the address or maybe the website. I need to get some stuff for my MCS

Thanks..

·
Boy who made the wolf cry
10,324 Posts
There is a few places - QSZ Tuning in Richmond - call telstra connect for details... but they are VERY expensive... they sell mostly parts that are readily available online much cheaper.

There is another old Mini shop (cant think of the name) that sells mini2 stuff.

Also there is Spinning Top - try www.spinningtop.com.au - maybe someone can confirm this address. They sell a range of stuff at quite a reasonable price.

Todd

·
SuperSoniC
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guys,

Thank you very much for the replies. The reason why I want to know about the shop in melbourne is because I want to save some $$ ( Shipping) but if they are selling more expensive than online shops, its not worth it..rite?

Btw.. have you guys done any mod to you cars?

·
10,324 Posts
I have a Pipercross CAI currenty.

But in the near future I will have a whalan shift machine- from a Mini2 groupbuy and Eibach springs from Spinning Top.

Then in the next 6 months I will organise a One-Click and reduction pulley from on-line sellers as the Aussie distributor is very expensive.

The problem is that most "tuning houses" (I say that loosely) in Australia cannot afford to buy the products in high numbers to get a discount because there isnt enough people who want to mod their Minis to warrant carrying the inventory of parts. So we either go on-line or we pay a premium for the parts from the companies here.

Todd

·
I want my MCS now! pls?
36 Posts
Red&blackS said:
Then in the next 6 months I will organise a One-Click and reduction pulley from on-line sellers as the Aussie distributor is very expensive.
Todd
Hi Red&BlackS, keep me posted about that. I'm looking to get a pulley as well and would be very interested! I'm leaning more towards getting the MTH ecu though.

·
10,324 Posts
Since I have read about MTH ecu upgrades - I'm actually considering this... witha reduction pulley.

This is a much cheaper option than the One-click, I'm sorta interested to see what it will all cost, power increase, etc...

There are a few Aussie users who are loking at doing their standard MCS's s Im interested to see their gains:)

I might do the MTH ECU then do the reduction pulley down the track...

Next thing I want is an Alta 22mm sway bar, they say this is very effective... then I might do the eibach springs... etc, etc... gota get back to work to pay for it all!!

I have put your username on my buddy list, so I will contact you if I am going on any good drives... if you are heading down towards Geelong for a fang or just want to catch up, shoot me a PM.

Todd

·
SuperSoniC
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Guys,
Im planning to have the MTH flash on my MCS.I need to order the cables. But for now, I just got my 15%reduction pulley and Intake. Both from ALTA. If you guys are planning to change the supercharger pulley, i suggest you get it from ALTA. Its a good quality,well made pulley and 100%steel. you can view it here, http://www.altaminiperformance.com/INDEX.html
Im waiting for my friend's mec to fix those two items and ill write about it here.

I've experience my friend's MCS with MTH+K&N intake+ reduction pulley. It's wonderful!! the car just keeps pulling till you reach the red line, you shift and its still pulling crazily! You just want to drive it fast, im telling you.... you wouldnt want to go slow! the driving pleasure is there.

Red&blackS,
Yeah... I was planning to get the alta 22mm sway bar as well. But after taking a ride in my other friend's fully modify mini..... im in love with the handling.He was using the standard shocks& spring with ALTA end links and control arm. You should get that. Sway bars.... please consider H-sport, he is using it on his lovely car. Check http://www.h-sport.com/cgi-bin/EDCs...y=Shop by Make;Mini;Cooper, Cooper S&start=10

Check out product no 13.

I hope this will help you guys....

·
10,324 Posts
KGB said:
Todd Meister,

Who was it at Sandown who mentioned 'Eibach', 'group buy' and a price starting with a '4'
all in the same sentence ?
Ummmm, I got involved in a Whalan Shift macine groupbuy... but maybe XMINIX can orgainise something...;)

Im up for it!!

Todd

·
10,324 Posts
Hartge said:
Red&blackS,
Yeah... I was planning to get the alta 22mm sway bar as well. But after taking a ride in my other friend's fully modify mini..... im in love with the handling.He was using the standard shocks& spring with ALTA end links and control arm. You should get that. Sway bars.... please consider H-sport, he is using it on his lovely car. Check http://www.h-sport.com/cgi-bin/EDCs...y=Shop by Make;Mini;Cooper, Cooper S&start=10

Check out product no 13.

I hope this will help you guys....
Hey dude.

Are you in Melbourne sometimes? OR were you just look ing for parts from Melbourne?

IF you are, maybe we can catch up for a drive sometime?

Todd

·
10,324 Posts
Nah, Im gona get the Alta Swaybar soon, its a similar price, and I know of a few peope in Aus who swear by them... also it is black, no tblue, so it means I dont have to paint it so it loks stock.

Todd

·
formerly known as wsw
642 Posts
hey red&blackS, if u don't mind me asking how much is ur ALTA sway bar? where r u getting it from? in geelong or in melb? i'm interested in one too but haven't done much research into getting one locally....any info would be great ;)

i'm interested in eibachs too :) where r u getting this stuff from? and for how much? did someone say price starting with a 4? ;)

·
formerly known as wsw
642 Posts
Hartge said:
yeah.. you are absolutely right wsw.
what am i right about hartge? :D teehee i don't hear that very often and now i'm confused :)

·
10,324 Posts
Im going to buy the sway bar off either webbmotorsport.com or altaperformance.com from memory... it is from OS...

The springs are part of a yet to be organised Aussie Group Buy through Spinning Top... it is $465 from memory for the springs only... plus fitting.

Im tryingt o get around to organising the Group Buy and the GoKart thing, but Im also tryingt o get through the mound of work for Uni and all the fun stufff I have to do at work for Christmas!!

So the mini stuff is on the back burner just at the moment...

Todd

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.