MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI

Having spent most of the morning searching inner Melbourne for a tyre place that would have a go...

I had a runflat 'issue' very well resolved by;

Swan Street Tyre Service
338 Swan St Richmond

They took great care and time in helping resolve my deflationary issues....5 previous stops either didn't have the equipment or wouldn't try.

They're Michelin men quite big in motorsport (Carrera Cup etc) and had some good ideas
in regard to replacing the stinky little hard black Italian donuts on my car.....

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
good to hear... I've been wondering how many places are willing to touch them, I'm also planning to get michelin's to replace my runflats when they wear out.

Todd and I were comparing tyres the other weekend, the cars have very similar milage - his are virtually bald, mine still have probably another 10-15000k's easily....

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
which Michelin's ?

It was recommended I stay with the same 205/45 17's. That would mean Preceda's.

We might be able to 'group buy' ?

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
yeah I was thinking Pilot Preceda's. wasn't sure whether I might go up to 215/40/17's though....

I probably couldn't do a group buy 'cos my car's through leaseplan anyway, so it's all packaged.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
215/45's will give you 5mm more sidewall.....watch your speed....probably translates
to the 3km speed camera tolerance !

·
Brass Cannons
3,488 Posts
MickyD said:
yeah I was thinking Pilot Preceda's. wasn't sure whether I might go up to 215/40/17's though....

I probably couldn't do a group buy 'cos my car's through leaseplan anyway, so it's all packaged.
These are the Tyres I have Micky. DO IT !

·
Boy who made the wolf cry
10,324 Posts
I might be in on a group buy... I need the tyres more than I need the sway bar right now:D

I think Chris will tell you my RF's are bald... no longer virtually... They are good in the dry, :eek: in the wet!

Todd

·
Track Addict
2,622 Posts
MickyD said:

Hi,

Whats the load rating on the 215/40/17's? Are they legal?

Robbo

·
Premium Member
2,490 Posts
robbo mcs said:
Whats the load rating on the 215/40/17's? Are they legal?
Robbo is right, there is only a small selection of 215/40-17s with legal load ratings for MINI. My Toyos have a load rating of 87, minimum according to tyre placard is 84.

Good Luck
Chris :) :) :)

·
10,324 Posts
Mark,

I need new tyres ASAP, so if you have had a chance to organise a deal, PM me...

Im after 205/45/17's Precedas if they have them, if not I will go the 215/40/17's...

Let me know how yo go.

Todd

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Red&blackS said:
Mark,

I need new tyres ASAP, so if you have had a chance to organise a deal, PM me...

Im after 205/45/17's Precedas if they have them, if not I will go the 215/40/17's...

Let me know how yo go.

Todd
Todd,

You're being PM'd.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Runflat problems solved. Stinky little Italian donuts are no longer.
Whole new world of Michelin Preceda's + tyre goop + compressor.
Very tasty....

Attachments

·
10,324 Posts
KGB said:
Runflat problems solved. Stinky little Italian donuts are no longer.
Whole new world of Michelin Preceda's + tyre goop + compressor.
Very tasty....
Awesome Mark...

With the lip and springs- I'd say you'd have to be a contender for one of the toughest mini's in Vic :)

We all know who has the toughest - someone in Geelong - EB/W... ;) :cool:

·
10,324 Posts
I hear a rumour there is some new stripes too... looking forward to the twilight run to check it out!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.