MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
You've just been totalled
6,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What do you think of these? Looks like Dad is about to buy one... I quite like them, not my cup of tea, but I can definatly see why he wants one - A future classic for sure. The only hand-built car in it's era apparently, and the one Dad is looking to get was over £45k when new :eek::eek::eek::eek: And Air Con and metallic paint weren't even standard :eek: It's been know a fully loaded 320 Sportline when new was well over £60k!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Back in the mid nineties too :eek: A fully spec'd brand new CLK 500 cabrio still isn't quite that :eek:

It's Mercedes at their absolute best - Went to look at a 15 year old one the other day with over 160k on the clock :eek: And it was mint - Just the odd stone chip - No wear and tear on the interior at all. Incredible! :):)

This one is a '94 on an M, and has covered a mere 81k miles - An average of just under 6k per year :) It's got Air Con, Met Paint, Upgraded Stereo and heck knows what else. Its a proper 4 seater which is unusual - A very niche car (Audi A4 Cabrio has significantly less room in the back)

Only thing I really can't stand is the stupid aireal - Spoils the lines of the car. Oh well, turn of the radio :p

Pics attached at the bottom :)

Hope you like it :)

·
6,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is an aquired taste - I didn't really like them at first but they have grown on me.

I hope the weather holds up for the weekend :cool:

·
6,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bought the car today - But it didn't have Air Con :rolleyes: Very dissapointing, but got a very good deal so pretty pleased :) 3 car family again!! :eek:

·
Lord of The Four Rings
11,003 Posts
Good buy. If it's a minter and is kept in tip top condition it shouldn't really depreciate.

They enjoy a cult following as do the SEC's from the 80's. Why I even had one myself very very briefly :eek::p

·
Miss Independent
791 Posts
CL500 is the way forward, SLs are crap!

That ariel could take someones eye out, car looks cool tho!

Reactions: mister.t

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
CL was actually my preference when i was car shopping, but insurance was ridiculous, so ended up going with the CLK. Probably why it only lasted five months, if I'd have got the CL I might not have changed back :p

Interested to know what you base your SL comment on... we had a 91 300SL (24v) and a 95 SL320, both of which were fantastic :cool:

·
6,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They are a very nice motor car indeed - I'd rather go for an SL to be honest though ;)
It would have been an SL, but the 4 seats tipped it ;)

Good buy. If it's a minter and is kept in tip top condition it shouldn't really depreciate.

They enjoy a cult following as do the SEC's from the 80's. Why I even had one myself very very briefly :eek::p
It is in great nick :D oohh what model did you have??

That ariel could take someones eye out, car looks cool tho!
The ariel is mad I must admit lol!! CL not special enough and believe it or not, rusts :eek: I do love them though :cool::cool:

CL was actually my preference when i was car shopping, but insurance was ridiculous, so ended up going with the CLK. Probably why it only lasted five months, if I'd have got the CL I might not have changed back :p

Interested to know what you base your SL comment on... we had a 91 300SL (24v) and a 95 SL320, both of which were fantastic :cool:
The CL is a stunning car - Just so expensive to run - A friends CL55 when driving like a priest gets about 16mpg, and when enjoying himself, more like 9-11mpg :eek: They are cheap, but so much can go wrong its unreal :eek:

·
Miss Independent
791 Posts

Cant comment on the Classics but only the newer ones.

My Dads had a SL500 in 2002 when they first came out.

My Mum also had a 2004 SL350 to replace her SLK (new shape) and gave no advantage over the SLK, were slower, more expensive and not as good looking.

However i think the brand new shape SLs look brilliant!

I love my Dads CL though, cant beat double glazing! :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts