MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
MINI2 Freak
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been checking out your gallery and love that mobile phone thingy you have!! Where did you get it from and how much?? (If you don't mind me asking!!)

I've been thinking about the mobile in the car situation for ages and this seems like the best idea I've seen!

Jon

·
MINI2 Freak
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got a nokia 6210. I thought about getting a full kit installed but I don't drive enough or receive enough phone calls to warrant the expense!

Where have you had the console fitted with your full kit??

Thanks for the info anyway, gonna check it out.

Jon

·
MINI2 Freak
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
didn't actually realise that it was a complete hands free kit, whats the quality like?? Is it usable or was that the reason that you changed to a full kit??

Jon

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
The reason I changed to the full kit is because I was given it by the company I work for.

The quality of the plug-n-go kit, was not that good until I modified it by adding a proper car kit microphone, then it was fine.

The 7110 (pictured) and 6210 (which I have now) are basically the same so if you're interested you can buy it off me (including the proper mic)

This is what I have now:

Email: [email protected]

·
MINI2 Freak
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so if you changed the mike, is it possible to add any microphone in?? The reason I ask is I have not long spent a fortune on a plantronics "madonna mike" head set and would love to incorporate that, otherwise I will try and get just a holder. If you can change it then I would most probably be interested.

Jon

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
There is a plug on the unit which takes a 3.5mm jack, I think that is for the speaker output. I just opened it up and attached my mic to the wires of the internal one. You could probably get a plug so that you could just plug in your boom mic when you wanted...

I will take some close up photos for your tonight...

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
has anyone tried the official mini handsfree kit that is linked into the speakers and works through the stereo ?
any ideas how much?

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
I have a Nokia car kit which is the same as the official MINI one, it links through the speakers and turns the radio off when a call is being made, it is fantastic!

·
MINI2 Freak
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Monsta,

where did you get the l shaped connector from?? I can't see it on mobilefun??
I have unfortunately had a run of bad luck and lost my phone - gutted because the company have gone for ericssons now not the nokias anymore. Think I'm still lucky with the kit but can't see the connector to turn the socket out of the back of the kit into a vertical position to fit the hole??

Jon

Oh and in case anyone else might ask, the jack on the bottom is meant for a normal earpiece and microphone so you can have private conversations!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts