MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mexican MINI Maniac
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BMW MEXICO announced today the official prices for the 2002 Mini Cooper and Mini Cooper S.

The e-mailed statement reads as follows:

Mini Cooper: USD$20,900
Mini Cooper S: USD$24,900

For both cars there will be three equipment versions: Basic, Sport and Luxury.

The statement says that details on equipment versions will be available later at www.mini.com.mx

Should I :D or :mad:

Why do we always get the highest prices in Mexico???

·
Retired and relaxed
2104 BMW Z4 sDrive 35i
5,372 Posts
Why do we always get the highest prices in Mexico?
Because you only pay about .50cents a gallon for gasoline!

·
Mexican MINI Maniac
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But hey, the minimum wage in Mexico is $4 USD per day and a common interest payment rate is 26% annual...

I could buy the car in Europe and have it shipped to Mexico. The problem is that BMW Mexico does not recognize cars imported that way and will not honor warranties

·
Retired and relaxed
2104 BMW Z4 sDrive 35i
5,372 Posts
Slegoretta,
My heart goes out to you! It doesn't seem right. Makes no sense to me that you guys are getting stroked so badly on the price. I'm amazed too that you had to put the $5,000- U.S. deposit down. Why do they want U.S. funds? Seems to me that they would cut you a deal if you gave them U.S. dollars instead of pesos.
Good luck.

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
slegorreta said:
But hey, the minimum wage in Mexico is $4 USD per day and a common interest payment rate is 26% annual...

I could buy the car in Europe and have it shipped to Mexico. The problem is that BMW Mexico does not recognize cars imported that way and will not honor warranties
That difference in price - US$4,000 more for a standard Cooper in Mexico vs. the US - would pay for an awful lot of warranty work. As long as your local MINI dealer would agree to work on a MINI you have privately imported, that is.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Amigo estas jodio!!!!:mad: That is awful that u guys have to pay so much!!! Bueno amigo I might as well sell u my MINI and profit only 2 grand on this just kidding!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts