MINI Cooper Forum banner

201 - 216 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sony MEX-1GP

Is there something out there for the Sony MEX-1GP otherwise is there a similar head unit that supports a flash drive/ usb dongle?

I've also wondered if it's possible to connect a dvd player to my sat nav screen?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is there something out there for the Sony MEX-1GP otherwise is there a similar head unit that supports a flash drive/ usb dongle?

I've also wondered if it's possible to connect a dvd player to my sat nav screen?
what year car do you have? just curious.

I have the late '03 DVD Nav system. Still looking for some sort of way to connect any head unit to my 2 spoke MFSW. Have not found much for the nav. I did see Dice made an DVD player that supported flash drives and the Nav.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I get asked plus I see lots of questions on Mini2 about getting aftermarket stereos to work with the Multi Function Steering Wheel so I have made this guide.
The latest wheel (with phone buttons) can be linked to various phone kits; see below

A guide to what adaptors are available for the Multi Function Steering Wheel

ALPINE fits 2 & 3 spoke wheel
for Alpines that are 'steering remote ready';
Some of the latest USA models now have mfsw facility :), models listed below
DVD players - DVA7996R, DVA9965R, DVA9860R
Motorised screens - CVA1003R, IVXC806, CVA1006R, IVAD900R, CVA1004R/RR, IVXC806, IVAD300R/RB, IVAD310R/RB, CVA1014RB/R/RR
In dash Navigation - INAN033R, INAN333R,RS,RRS
CD tuners - CDA7998R, ....
2004 models
748,848,948 wired plug & play interface
648,548,448,423 IR type
2003 MODELS all IR type
Cassette: AX423R, AX523R
CD: DXZ428R, DXZ538R, DB538RMP, DXZ638RMP, DXZ738RMP, DXZ838RMP, DXZ938R
Motorised screens: VRX633R, VRX938R, (NOTE on the top of the range 928 RVD DVD motorised screen only the right buttons volume/source work use the universal adaptor instead
The adaptor for the above is an IR type
Most 2001 & 2002 models (need to be IR remote ready)

JVC Fits 2 & 3 spoke wheels

KENWOOD fits 2 & 3 spoke wheel
for all Kenwoods with hard wired remote option
2006 models
KDCW4534
2005 models
2004 MODELS
Cassette; KRC594
Motorised Screens; KVT725DVD, KVT925DVD
2003 MODELS
.... Z838W
this adaptor is hard wired plug & play & has a built in harness adaptor

PANASONIC fits 2 spoke wheel only
C1021N, C1011N, C1001N, C1311N, C1321N, C1301N, C3301N, C5301N, C7301N, C8301N, C9701N, C9901N
Cassette; RD153N, RD143N, RD133N, RD243N
CD; RDP113N, 123N, 103N, 003N, 153N, 143N, 133N, DFX223N, 213N, 203N, RDP383N,
Motorised screen;

PIONEER (hard wired) for 2 & 3 spoke wheels
Fits
CD tuners - DEH1500R, 1530R, P2500R, P2530R, P2500RB, P2700, P3500MP, . AVIC N1AVIC N2,

PIONEER (IR) for 2 & 3 spoke wheels
Fits pioneer models that are IR remote ready
The adaptor requires an LED transmitter mounting, it has a built in harness adaptor

SONY fits 2 & 3 spoke wheel
Fits all Sonys from the past 5 years that are RMX4S compatible (small jack socket on rear)

NOT available for; MEX5**,MEX3**, MEX1HD, MEX100NV, L480X, L380X)

UNIVERSAL SWIX
Works with most makes of stereos providing you have an IR remote for them (except hi band Sonys). Programable & can be reprogrammed if you change your stereo.
Has an IR LED which requires mounting and also needs a wire chopping under steering column. See Authorized dealer info for compatibility list.

PHONE HANDS FREE KITS
We now have adaptors to link hands free kits to the new MFSW with phone buttons & in some cases stereo & nav display.

Bluetooth interface; 2 versions available Wave or Boost. This links the Parrot evo bluetooth kit to the wheel & stereo. There is no need to mount the parrot controller as the 2 wheel buttons replace it. Functions; Answer/end call from the wheel, activate voice dial from wheel, call is played through car speakers. This interface is plug & play.

Cradle type hands free kit interface; Available for Boost. ....

We also now have MFSW relays - if you dont have a phone kit then why not use the phone buttons on your wheel for something else? e.g. garage opener, radio mute, starter etc
Hi Mike, RE the list above. Have you done an update for the R56 on SAT Nav or other bluetooth integration?

·
Registered
9 Posts
"SONY fits 2 & 3 spoke wheel
Fits all Sonys from the past 5 years that are RMX4S compatible (small jack socket on rear) "
so I'm taking that to mean the Sony MEX-1GP is compatible. also, how does this work, is it just a matter of plugging the cable to the head unit or is there a module that has to bought separately and installed? how will i find out if the MEX-1GP is RMX4S compatible?

My car is a August 2002 with sat nav and Radio boost.

·
Registered
32 Posts
partly installed Parrot CK3000

Hi Mikey,

I read this in one of your earlier posts in this thread...

"Bluetooth interface; 2 versions available Wave or Boost. This links the Parrot evo bluetooth kit to the wheel & stereo. There is no need to mount the parrot controller as the 2 wheel buttons replace it. Functions; Answer/end call from the wheel, activate voice dial from wheel, call is played through car speakers. This interface is plug & play."

And I wanted to ask you what piece of the kit I would need to complete my install using the MFSW. I have the Boost/HK Stereo in a late 05' MCS. I've setup the ipod link (the BMW one) and it works fine through the MFSW. I've installed the Parrot CK3000 with the ISO Adaptor and it works well but has no interface to the MFSW. I'm using the little black knob thingy at the moment.

Ideally, I want to do away with that and just use the MFSW as you describe above.

I'm in Australia and have the patience of a 2 year old, so if you have a stockest locally that would be great, otherwise I can order through you and get express postage if possible?

Also, given your knowledge and expertise in this area, do you know (from what info i've provided) why my Boost/HK head unit would not display "Phone" when using the phone?

Thanks for all the great info you add to the forums, makes a huge difference for newbies like me... :biggrin:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mike,

I'm looking at the steering wheel stereo control adapters and I'm wondering if the JVC to Boost adaptor works with a JVC Kameleon deck (KD-AVX44).

Here's the particular deck I'm referring to:

I can't post the url to the deck (minimum 5 posts) but if you check the JVC Canada site, it's there. It also states that it is steering wheel control ready on the site.

As well, how much would shipping be to Edmonton, Alberta, Canada for the adapter (2 spoke JVC to Boost), the ISO socket connector kit, facia and aerial adaptor?

Thanks Mike.

Jason

Mike has e-mailed me. For the record, the JVC to Boost adaptor is compatible with the JVC KD-AVX44 deck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mike,

I'm looking at the steering wheel stereo control adapters and I'm wondering if the JVC to Boost adaptor works with a JVC Kameleon deck (KD-AVX44).

Here's the particular deck I'm referring to:

I can't post the url to the deck (minimum 5 posts) but if you check the JVC Canada site, it's there. It also states that it is steering wheel control ready on the site.

As well, how much would shipping be to Edmonton, Alberta, Canada for the adapter (2 spoke JVC to Boost), the ISO socket connector kit, facia and aerial adaptor?

Thanks Mike.

Jason

Mike has e-mailed me. For the record, the JVC to Boost adaptor is compatible with the JVC KD-AVX44 deck.
I received everything from Mike quite quickly (I'm in Canada) and installed it all last night. Everything works flawlessly. Thank you very much Mike.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Mikey I tried to have someone contact me but no one has gotten back to me - i would love to get a mfsw adapter and mounting kit (if necessary) for my alpine 9807 head unit...

thanks!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have this adapter, but can't work out how to connect it properly or find any instructions online anywhere?

There are two leads which I'm unable to connect to anything. Maybe these pics will help?
IF not does anyone have a link to some instructions? Thanks

201 - 216 of 216 Posts