MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mikey, have you ever thought of creating a mod to enable to useless button on the multi-function steering wheel?

On the left and right side of the wheel, there's three buttons, one above the other;

The right hand buttons operate volume up, switch between CD changer / radio / tape, volume down.

The left hand buttons operate next track / station, nothing, previous track / station.

Is there anyway, be it factory of with one of your gadgets, to enable the button to swap between CDs in the changer? I'm completely baffled as to why they didn't enable the left middle button to do something, and I think cycling between CDs in the changer would complete it - ie, 1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6 etc etc.

On another note, your Auto Passenger Window Up gadget - is there any way of making it act exactly like the driver window...ie, one flick of the switch to go up, instead of two flicks?

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
7,989 Posts
I sent Mikey a sample circuit a few years back, to trigger a relay from the unused button ... I think Mikey used to have a production version from someone else, but don't know if he still does.

It's funny, I had the exact ideas for the unused middle button ... but never owned a CD changer! Good luck with your quest

·
Registered
9,742 Posts
Sorry - missed this
Ian (the ibus master) did indeed send me a module to use that button - it could be used for controlling external devices via a relay or to mute the stereo.
Then we started selling a module to use the phone button on the 3 spoke for external devices (like a garage door opener) but the company making it have now gone
As to getting the spare button to do disc change - I doubt this could be done but someone into 'hacking the ibus' like Ian may be able to help.
Note: some MFSW adaptors with some aftermarket stereos make use of the spare button, mainly as a mute button

1 - 5 of 5 Posts