MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beware.....have you been charged £240 for a MFSW with your chilli pack? It should be less £80. Therefore you should be paying £160. If this has happened to you speak to your dealer. And thank Damo, he noticed it! Isn't that right Damo!

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
I did and didn't. I found out thanks to Mini2 that the price with a Chilli pack was only £160. What I did notice was my dealer was charging me £240 when I speced it. You see the leather steering wheel is £80, and the MFSW is leather. So if you've already paid for the leather steering wheel in your options (Half Leather,Leather or Chilli Pack) Then you should be paying £240 less the price of the leather steering wheel which is £80. I.e £160! My dealer knew nothing of this untill I told him. I somehow doubt he'll be mentioning it to other customers.

Check your order form, if you've got the chilli pack or Leather (which includes leather steering wheel) on your car then you should be paying £160 and have the following code 249L for the option code. If you've only got the code 249 then your paying £240 which is £80 to much!!!

PLEASE MR MODERATOR PEOPLE CAN YOU POST A LINK TO THIS THREAD ON THE GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM AS OTHER PEOPLE MAY NEED TO KNOW THIS! THANKS!

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
I wonder if this applies to Oz cars. As we get the leather Wheel as standard and are still being charged $700AU for the MFSW.

Better check with your ozzie dealers.

It has been raised before, but I was cut down in flames.

Thanks Damo

:)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Quite annoyed by this! Would have had it for £160 but thought £240 was too much! Basically dealer didn't explain the options, just said what do you want?

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
MiniCooperS said:
Quite annoyed by this! Would have had it for £160 but thought £240 was too much! Basically dealer didn't explain the options, just said what do you want?
You already got your car then! Shame. I'm not to sure hlaf the dealers know its only 160 for the MFSW if you've got Chilli or Leather. My dealer certainly didn't!

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
I sent an e-mail to my dealer regarding this, and the MFSW + Cruise control stays at $700AU even though we already get the leather wheel as standard.

Oh well.......only money I guess :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts