MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
TT or not TT
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Just to let you know the multi function steering wheel is available as an after market fit.

Price £430+vat+around 2 hours labour = OUCH

PS,Why are the dealers charging £53 for clear side repeater lenses when you can buy them from their parts department for £17. :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Test thread infiltrator
8,421 Posts
dinger said:
Hi

Just to let you know the multi function steering wheel is available as an after market fit.

PS,Why are the dealers charging £53 for clear side repeater lenses when you can buy them from their parts department for £17. :confused: :confused: :confused:
My dealer sold me them for £17... who's charging £53???

Dom

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
£53 is for them fitted. My Jaw hit the floor when my dealer told me that! I then did my "Mini 2" rant:

"Well thats not what they say on Mini2... they have a parts list with parts numbers and prices and they said it was £21 inc VAT"

He checked and it is £21 inc VAT for the repeaters but not fitted. Don't bother having them fitted, from what I've been told its a 30 second job for each side.
Hmmmmm £53 - £21 = £32. Hmm £32 a minute = £1920 an Hour!

Jesus who's fitting these side repeaters Frank Bloody Williams? Sorry that should be Frank Bloody BMW.Williams :D

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
Going back to the original threads topic, £430 + 2 hours work would come to £4270! :eek: Presuming of course thyre chargin the same hourly rate as for the Side repeaters. But with the MFSW being more comlicated they'd probably charge more!

Paying £240 (£160 if you have Chilli Pack or Half/Full Leather) now seems a bargain! :D

·
TT or not TT
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Damo there not even a 30 second job.

The most ironic thing was when i question the salesman about the price he told me that I only sell the cars I then asked him about the 2 extra gauges and when would they be available and what would the cost be and I have never seen a glazed look appear on another persons face so fast as he did'nt have a clue what i was talking about.

:( :( :( :( :(

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
dinger said:
Damo there not even a 30 second job.

The most ironic thing was when i question the salesman about the price he told me that I only sell the cars I then asked him about the 2 extra gauges and when would they be available and what would the cost be and I have never seen a glazed look appear on another persons face so fast as he did'nt have a clue what i was talking about.

:( :( :( :( :(
Yeah but dinger, you have to talk to the parts dept!

The salesmen don't know about prices for accessories.

·
TT or not TT
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
But is'nt there job to know as they do have to sell these cars rather than just order takers

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
I don't expect the sales man to know the prices including fitting for every single option in the accessories brochure.

He should only know the prices for the options you can chose when ordering, which side repeaters are not.

·
TT or not TT
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
but Monsta an enthusiastic and keen salesman would or if he did'nt know at least try and find out if he wants peoples custom IMO

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
He should have said that he didn't know and that the parts department are the people to speak to

They're not all like Neo...

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
Oh No, no! NOOOOOO! i can't beleive it... I'm going to have to....a...gg....r..eee.with dinger!!!

Argh! I've done it, the pain is over with now.

As far as I'm concerned the Dealer's should know about the accessories for the car. It's a sorry thing when I can walk into a BMW or Mini garage and know more about a car that they're supposed to be selling!

fair enought the car's are new, but the dealers should have looked throught the parts brouchure at the very least!!

·
TT or not TT
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think its more of a case well he's not buying a car from me so i cant be bothered to help is how it came across monsta

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
You've got a point but I wouldn't walk into the showroom to ask about parts, thats all

·
Registered
530 Posts
In the showroom i was the salesman was very dedicated to his job.
There were at least 12 mini's of all sorts in the showroom.
One of them was fully loaded (also aftersales parts).
He knew everything about the mini's.
That's how i did decide to take the white rear and side lights (375 euro).
He even gave his brand new (150 miles) Cooper to me to go for a testdrive. The one they had was already taken!!!!
Dont forget that these guys are used to sell BMW = expensive cars, and have to learn to help people that come in for a cheaper car . I have never been in a BMW showroom before.
So if Ya from Holland go to:

Bert Story BMW in Waardenburg, All colours can be seen there and the guy (Peter) knows where he is talking about!

Catch Ya LAater
Cooper I Do

42 days and counting:confused:

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
That's rather a lot, but good news actually. I wanted the cruise control, so if it's really bugging me, I could get it, just bloody expensive.

I suppose if (god forbid) anything ever happened to the steering wheel, like the airbag went off, then I could upgrade to the MFSW, and it wouldn't be so bad in comparison. Good to know. Thanks.

·
Registered
164 Posts
monsta said:

Yeah but dinger, you have to talk to the parts dept!

The salesmen don't know about prices for accessories.
Erm sorry to butt in here but ... my dealer posted me the complete price list for all the accesories.. so remember to ask politley you never know... :)

·
Ex-Mini2 Racer & Sponsor
562 Posts
monsta said:
He should have said that he didn't know and that the parts department are the people to speak to

They're not all like Neo...

Knew you wouldn't resist for long :D

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
i think that they should know about the add on's though, my dealer was very good and knew or found out prices and fitting.

Its not much to ask from them!

·
Official MINI2 Fluffer
5,261 Posts
dinger said:
Hi

Hey dingaling are you interested in getting a MFSW fitted to your car? I'm tempted too! Let me know if you find out any more.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts