MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got an R56 with 15" michelin energy tyre. I have done 24000 miles on them & still have 3.5mm left on the front ones & 6mm on the back. These seem to wear alot better that the pirelli's i had on my R53 which only lasted 16000 miles. Whats the best mileage & make of your tyres.

·
Mini Design Philosopher
1,028 Posts
I have only managed just over 10,000 miles (twice over now) on fronts with Dunlop Sport SP01 runflats (205/45 17s) with my R56. At 20,000 miles the original rears had approx 4mm left. Worryingly I have just swapped all four for Pirelli P Zero Neros (non-runflats) in the hope of more mileage. I'm really interested to hear if everyone has experience of Michelin Primacy HPs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I put about 29,000 miles on Toyo Proxes 4's 205/40-18 and there are still a few more miles left on them. These replaced the stock Dunlop runflats that were way too harsh for my taste with the JCW suspension on a GP. I wouldn't buy the Toyo's again as they're too noisy and although they are a significant improvement over runflats not very comfortable riding, according to some rreviews I saw recently from Consumer Reports.

I just switched to 17" rims and Pilot Exalto PE2 215/45-17 for a more comfortable ride. These Michelins have a good tread life rating.

Lee

1 - 3 of 3 Posts