MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Sorry for the repeated message below)

I felt compelled to comment on the radically redesigned MINIUSA web site. They have done an amazing job creating a site that is full of information, but also exciting to visit. Although I am somewhat concerned about what I had found regarding the Find A Dealer section. It stated that the only MINI dealer in Michigan is projected to open in October 2002. I was under the impression that all dealers would be ready for the US launch in March. Could someone please shed some light on this? I need to know if I should be talking to another dealer from a different state.

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
ahiltunen said:
(Sorry for the repeated message below)

I felt compelled to comment on the radically redesigned MINIUSA web site. They have done an amazing job creating a site that is full of information, but also exciting to visit. Although I am somewhat concerned about what I had found regarding the Find A Dealer section. It stated that the only MINI dealer in Michigan is projected to open in October 2002. I was under the impression that all dealers would be ready for the US launch in March. Could someone please shed some light on this? I need to know if I should be talking to another dealer from a different state.
Unfortunately, even though you are starting this process several months before the MINI is launched in the US, there are many people who have joined waiting lists at dealerships-to-be months, or even years ago. If you want a MINI I would strongly suggest you begin by finding out how long the list is at that Michigan BMW dealer that will become the MINI dealer. You might be able to join the list now at a relatively low number and get one of the first cars they deliver when they open - I'm sure that sounds like a long way off, but based upon the current length of the lists already at many MINI dealers with a March opening date, that may well be the soonest you might get your hands on a MINI if you are starting the process now (sorry to say).

But you never know - you could also hedge you bets by looking to join a list at an out-of-state dealer. Nothing says you can't be on two or more waiting lists at the same time. Call around. Any deposit(s) you make should be refundable until it is time to order the car. You may find just the right dealer who can supply a MINI sooner rather than later. I wish you luck.

·
Registered
927 Posts
another late-opening dealership

I also checked out the recently updated MINIUSA website to find out that my dealership of choice (closest to home) is not projected to open until June 2002.

Of course - no indication from the future dealer's rep of the proposed date. So after being #95 on the "interest list" since August, guess I'll have to see how long the lists are elsewhere.

Bummer!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
The dealer estimates on that locator are based on the current status of the construction/remodel of the specific dealer. Unfortunately do to various circumstances liek weather, etc, some construction has been delayed. We cannot begin recieving cars until our stores are ready, so delayed construction means delayed delivery.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I understand that there may be delays - due to getting local approvals for construction, etc - but wouldn't the dealer know that??

My dealer rep did respond to my frustrated email - but only with the excuse that "we have some 200 names on our list - can't contact everybody"

Every hear of email address lists/mass emailings?? :( :( :mad:

·
Registered
62 Posts
sdmidget said:
I understand that there may be delays - due to getting local approvals for construction, etc - but wouldn't the dealer know that??

My dealer rep did respond to my frustrated email - but only with the excuse that "we have some 200 names on our list - can't contact everybody"

Every hear of email address lists/mass emailings?? :( :( :mad:
Yes, in fact I have been sending them to some 540 email addresses. But some of the servers will not forward a BCC to that many people. I am trying to call all of our customers, but it takes two to three weeks to call 200 or so people. Personally, I keep telling customers to call me anytime, because teh ones that really want to know will find out quickly, while the curious ones will be more patient.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts