MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I searched through the forum, but didn't find any tip. I'd like to change myself the AC microfilter, anyone here to help me?
I think it should be located in the black box below the shelf on the passenger side, right?

·
Registered
153 Posts
I replaced the microfilter on my 2005 MC. It was relatively easy, but it's hard to explain over the internet. It is in that little box on th passenger side. The cover of the box snaps off and the filter comes out if you pull straight down. The hardest part is putting the new filter in (and finding a place that will sell you a filter at a good price). Get a flashlight and take a good look inside the filter box. There's a little track that the filter slides into. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Micro-filter in and out is pretty easy

Getting the filter in and out is pretty easy. In is tricky because you have to get the filter edges started in those slots in the box sides, but once they are started the filter will slide right in. The previous reply is very accurate the only thing I would add is that the filter box cover is held on with four plastic tabs. Two on the front and two on the back. You have to get your fingers in there and pull on the end of the tabs so that they will slide off the clip notches on the side of the filter box. Once you get all four of them unclipped the plastic lid will usually just fall off. Look at the inside of the lid, it will only go back on one way. Compressed air is your friend. Before you spend all of that money on a new filter try cleaning the old one by blowing it off with compressed air. This will remove 60-70 percent of the accumulated clogging debris (mostly dust) and usually return your filter to a working condition. Do this outside otherwise you'll have dust all over the place! I do not recommend trying to wash the filter in any kind of cleaning solution, that can cause the filter paper to loose its rigidity and it will take a long time to get it dried back out. Just use compressed air with a blow gun.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Picture here;

This is what you would see looking up into the microfilter box (cover removed), if you could twist your neck all the way around or had a little tiny head.

Screwdriver tip (shown inside a drawn-on rectangle) is pointing into the beginning of the track which takes the ridge of your replacement microfilter.

Once the microfilter is started in the track it is easy to push home.

(Mini One R50 2002 model)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.