MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my mini One for just under two weeks now, and covered only 160 miles (I know its not a lot, but got a lot of uni work at the moment) . But when i first switch my engine on it reads that I have 9675 miles till my next service. I know that the car is supposed to be serviced every 10,000 miles but depending on the way the car is driven this figure may be less. Does this mean I am 'thrashing' the car around too much:D, as I don't think i have, since I am trying to give it a good gentle run in (I take very good care of my car - as its my first car and its a Mini!) Maybe I'm reading into this too much, and getting myself over paranoid over nothing?

Any thoughts Mini friends?

Anyone's 'miles covered' and 'Miles till next service' add up to exactly 10,000? Mine certainly doesn't.

Is this normal?:confused: :confused:

:D :D

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
kbgnat said:
Had my mini One for just under two weeks now, and covered only 160 miles (I know its not a lot, but got a lot of uni work at the moment) . But when i first switch my engine on it reads that I have 9675 miles till my next service. I know that the car is supposed to be serviced every 10,000 miles but depending on the way the car is driven this figure may be less. Does this mean I am 'thrashing' the car around too much:D, as I don't think i have, since I am trying to give it a good gentle run in (I take very good care of my car - as its my first car and its a Mini!) Maybe I'm reading into this too much, and getting myself over paranoid over nothing?

Any thoughts Mini friends?

Anyone's 'miles covered' and 'Miles till next service' add up to exactly 10,000? Mine certainly doesn't.

Is this normal?:confused: :confused:

:D :D
I would ignore that thing if I were you! I think it goes down in stages rather than mile by mile.

My car had to have a service at about 8500. Just enjoy it but stay out of the red!!

:)

·
Registered
195 Posts
When I picked my Cooper up yesterday, I was told the "miles till next service" indicator would take a while to sort itself out.

Not sure exactly what constitutes "a while" though :confused:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Me too

Still treating my Cooper fairly gently at around 350 miles; but the 'miles to next service' is showing 9,500.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts