MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
COOPER S LOCAL
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BEEN TO MINI SPORT TODAY AND had a new exhaust and intake fitted so i thought i would share my thought on the modifications.

mini sport:-
excellent service, great price and very friendly. i travelled for 2 and a half hours to get my exhaust fitted and i was very impressed with the quality of the workmanship. top quality.

Milltek Exhaust:-
I opted for the twin 75mm slash cut version as this looks like the jcw exhaust. upon arrival home i had a run abpout and what i noticed was that under 400 revs and at up to 80mph the exhaust is no different from standard. bit deeper at tick over and after 4000 revs it sounds awesome. not like boy racer loud but just deeper and kind of motorsport. very good quality item and great finish.

Pipercross intake:-
I looked at the pipercross viper and also the pipercross free foam intake. although the foam filter was half the price i opted for it as it had the heat shield. fitted it when i got home. it was so easy to fit even someone with no experience of tools could fit this in half hour. was a bit dubious about whether it woulod be a cold air filter or whether the engine heat would get in. i am pleased to say that after a good thrashing i lifted the bonnet and whilst the engine bay was roasting i felt the metal of the filter inside the enclosure and it was stone cold. all the filter does is increase the whine inside the cabin and not by much so a super product.

what i have noticed is that these 2 mods have incresed the fuel consumption so overall a good day.

reply with your opinions or experiences
thanks

·
COOPER S LOCAL
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes its spot on. mines a feb 2004 model just before they moved the brackets. i have heard though that milltek have now sorted the problem so that it fits later models. If you live near to derby though i was told that i could take my car and they would manufacture one on your car to fit.

·
COOPER S LOCAL
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now With Photos. Go Check Out My Gallery!!!!!!!

·
All 4 wheels pointed down
656 Posts
They look great! So I can assume that someone walking 10-15 feet behind the vehicle can tell there is something different about the exhaust tips? (Providing they know what they are looking for/at)

·
COOPER S LOCAL
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if you dint know about minis you probably would not notice. i chose the design as it looks like the john cooper works system. you might notice when you hear it though cause its a little bit louder.
didnt want an exhaust that would stand out!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts