MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew whether it is possible to fit a Milltek manifold or any aftermarket manifold for that matter to the stock MCS exhaust (05 model)?

Secondly, are there differences in exhaust hanger positions etc between a 02 MCS stock exhaust and a 05 stock MCS exhaust? The reason I ask is that I want to revert back to a standard exhaust (more stealthy) which happens to be from an 05 car. Anyone know if it will be compatible with my car?
Is it also usual practise to cut the manifold and centre pipe when installing a custom exhaust?

In summary, I need to know what is involved in changing my current exhaust for a stock one :D

Any help is much appreciated and many thanks in advance.

Henry

·
Registered
101 Posts
When I had my Milltek maifold and cat back fitted the hanger system had to be changed. I have a 04 MCS and it had been changed by 90 degrees to the previous years car.

All Milltek did was weld a new bracket on to an existing exhaust.

Hope this helps?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Simon for your input :)

So I guess a 05 exhaust is a no-go on a 02MY car unless someone states otherwise?

Thanks,

Henry

·
Mini Mod
9,227 Posts
That would actually be 180º*different.
'02 models the hangersface toward the rear of the car. On '05 cars they face forward.
It could probably be done but it's not a quick/ easy mod.
Post a thread asking for a system from an '02 or '03 car. And ask around some of the tuner shops. BBR, Birds, etc to see if they have kept some customer units around.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.