MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I'm slowly getting there with getting my S looking the way I want it to look; new alloys will be with me on Wednesday :biggrin:

Now I'm trying to decide on the exhaust and its between the Milltek or Blue Flame. Can somebody recommend which one I should go for? I've heard great things about the Milltek but I do like the wider double exit look of the Blue Flame, also wandered about weight between the two as would prefer to keep the weight down as much as possible, weight is the enemy afterall.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd love the Borla but its a bit out of my price range. But if its really worth the extra £ then maybe its something to consider.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I have both!

The blueflame twin exit is very nice but got very loud with a bigger manifold, but great with the stock manifold.

The Miltek is also very nice, a little lighter and quieter until pushed!

Fitment of the Miltek is easier, the twin blueflame pipes take a while to get just right!

·
Registered
460 Posts
we have a millteck on our cooper s, the only thing we find is it keeps moving about and needs readjusting, noise is great though, but were thinking of upgrading to a borla, the cooper is having a borla fitted soon

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
we have a millteck on our cooper s, the only thing we find is it keeps moving about and needs readjusting, noise is great though, but were thinking of upgrading to a borla, the cooper is having a borla fitted soon
Check all 4 of your rear mounts are holding the weight equally, I have seen some bent mounts causing this.

If all else fails, change your mounts to facelift which turn two of them by 90 degrees and then it will sit snug.

Overall I will say Miltek are the best fitting systems I have fitted.

·
Registered
460 Posts
our cooper s is a 55 and we put new rubbers on, we found that the hangers had been bent a bit at some point, most of it seems to due to the heat cycle as 304 grade expands and contracts a fair bit and its getting it right when its cold so its right whens its hot overall were very happy with it though (i just like borla) :D

but back on topic i was once overtaken by the minisport cooper s that ran the blue flame on the m1 i heard it coming for miles and heard it going for another few, never driven a car with one on but have heard a few millteck is a nicer sound wise imo

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I have found if you fit 3 x 1mm washers in-between the rubber mounts and the boot floor it all sits better, and it saves bending anything.

Yes the blue flame/ minisport one gets very loud on a modded S, I removed it when I fitted my head and manifold due to noise and replaced it with the Milltek.

However I have just fitted the Blue flame onto my other S which is all but standard and it sounds sweet!

·
Registered
13 Posts
...it looks like my '02 Cooper is in need of a new back box. I'm presuming the Blue Flame pipe is road legal...ie, will pass an MOT...?...I'm quite new to this 'car' thing...how loud can you go before you get an MOT failure...?

I have race pipes on my bike, but have to change these for MOT purposes. On Blue Flame bike exhausts they have removable baffles, held in with a circlip. Does anybody know if the car exhausts have a similar system...?

I'm not after a super loud exhaust for the Cooper, just a nice little rumble. I just want a single exit pipe as I don't want to get into changing the back of the car.

Thanks for any help!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Blue Flame are perfectly road legal. Not too loud from what I've heard.

They won't have the removable baffles like the bike cans.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi, i've a mini one and would love the dual exit exhaust from blueflame that fits the cooper s. anyone know it it'd fit. i've run flats so no spare tyre under rear left. any help would be great!! :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts