MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Ex-Mini2 Racer & Sponsor
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...are coming on Wednesday! We're meeting at JCW to be fitted for the seat & harnesses etc. Then we've got a month and a bit to run them in before the trackday at Goodwood on 4th April. Anyone coming to that?

parp :)

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
Dinger and I will hopefully be there, any other MINI2 members from the South East fancy joining us??

·
Blast from the past !
1,309 Posts
TVRman said:
...are coming on Wednesday! We're meeting at JCW to be fitted for the seat & harnesses etc. Then we've got a month and a bit to run them in before the trackday at Goodwood on 4th April. Anyone coming to that?

parp :)
Tell me more about seat / harness adjustments ? first I've heard + are you sure it's the 4th ?

·
Ex-Mini2 Racer & Sponsor
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hi

Doh, of course it's the 3rd of April, sorry. Dinger & Monsta & anybody else, it'd be great to see you there. I'll be the one in the loo :)

Richard told me a week or so ago that he'd need about an hour for the workshop guys to set the seat up (it's bolted in place, not on runners) so it's at the right distance/height/angle of dangle for me. Ditto the harnesses, the idea being that they can then fix them both nice & quickly on the morning of an event. This assumes that you want to revert to the original seat & inertia reel 3-point belt for the road, which I don't, but it'll still need to be set up for you.

Richard said it should make life easier for us both to be there as Kevin in the workshop can give us both the spiel at the same time.

See you Wednesday!

Andy

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Yeah take loadz of photos lads :cool: :cool: :cool:
It must feel like your getting measured for a wedding suit :confused: I mean you dont know what to expect after the big occasion :D :D :D :D

·
Ex-Mini2 Racer & Sponsor
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't worry chaps, I'll take my camera!

Watch this space on Thursday - the earliest I can download the piccies :)

Andy

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
ELISEBOY said:
yep, i will be there
Monsta, fancy meeting up and going down together?
Yeah sounds good, not quite sure what route I will be taking yet.. have to look at the map.. Will ICQ you!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'd be quite interested in going to Goodwood to watch the mini's around the track as I only live about 30 mins up the road. Do you know wheter anyone can get in to watch or is it just the people with the racing minis??

Also if anyone can get in do you have to pay to watch??
:p

·
Registered
247 Posts
3rd of April is a Weds, is this right? Is the race in the evening then? If so then I'll be up for it. I'll have the Velvet Beauty then, so I'll be wanting to drive her everywhere.
Any more details, or are they on the Challenge website?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Sorry just looked at the website and it's a track day, so I'm afraid I'll be at work. Have a quality day though.

Anymore events coming up in the South East?

·
Ex-Mini2 Racer & Sponsor
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi all

Just spoke to the Challenge organizer, and she says it's fine for anyoneto come along to watch on the trackday, as long as there's not too many (max 10 she said) - it being a weekday, I can't see that being a problem.

Look forward to meeting you all!

Andy

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
Varse said:
Sorry just looked at the website and it's a track day, so I'm afraid I'll be at work. Have a quality day though.

Anymore events coming up in the South East?
I just booked a day off!

More events in the South East?? John Cooper Works visit on 13th April! (I think you might already been down for that)

Otherwise, meet us at the London 2 Brighton run on 19th May(in Brighton not actually on the run)

More details coming soon....

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Monsta, take some piccies for us mate ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sign me up for the 3rd April

I'll take a day off to come (assuming work will let me) - should have my JCW (non-challenge) car on Monday!

Are you going to make a list for who can go in the "10"?

Flowki

·
Ex-Mini2 Racer & Sponsor
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No, don't worry, I'm sure it'll be ok for anyone who's interested to come along, as long as non-Challengers keep the Challenge paddock clear (there's a big carpark nearby anyway), and the burger van can cope with the throngs :)

Andy

PS Have fun with your new toy!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts