MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought Id let you know that I picked up my new mini on Friday - Cooper, Indi Blue White Roof, 17" S spokes blah blah blah

Anyway - thanks to the instructions on how to change the stereo found here in the forum i decided to take it on!

to my horror BMW have changed the connector for the stereo and the BMW ISO adaptor does not fit anymore!!!

There is a new adaptor just realsed by AUTOLEADS which i managed to get for £12. You also need an a tiny tiny aerial adaptor too which is about £15. I had to hunt around for these as most dealers have never seen them before.

Just thought I would let you all know!

Woodman

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
strange... the adapter I had fitted (BMW 3 series adapter). My car was picked up on Saturday. You didn't order radio boost did you? as that I think does have a different connecter.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Ive order my MINI with the standard redio cassette but it will be taken out on the day I collect it. my 1st drive is to my local audio company. Does this mean I will need a different connector :confused: :confused:

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
Mine was standard wave radio/cassete and was the same connector as BMW 3 series radio.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i did have radio boost but i got the dealer to check another one in the showroom WITHOUT radio boost and the connector was the same also.

Since I posted this thread I have spoken to another dealership and they said that the connectors have changed on BMW's too - since they have face lifted the 3 series

Odd eh?

Woodman

1 - 6 of 6 Posts