MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,
I'm am trying to find out some information regarding advertising for the Mini in the UK and was hoping that you might be able to help me.
i am working on a documentary about advertising here in the UK and am doing a feature on mini's advertsising. If you have any information on the advertsing agency and/or production company that handles their advertising in the Uk it would be extremely helpful.
I have also found an advert on the internet which is supposedly for Mini and am trying to find out more about it. It is based around the 'Big Brother' reality show and has the slogan 'Mini-Brother and features the idea housemates living in a mini in the same style as 'Big Brother' and being observed by the cameras in the same style'. This advert can be viewed on the website: www.kontraband.com and I would really like to know more about it and if it is a genuine advert for mini, even if just aimed at internet use.ying to find out who handles advertising for Mini in the UK.

Any information would be much appreciated,

Daniela ([email protected])

·
Registered
65 Posts
MINI are currently running idents either side of the breaks in C4's 'Greeen Wing'. (Friday nights) These 10" 'bumpers' feature a red Indian chief, who tells bad jokes from his open-topped MINI convertible. The endline is: MINI HA HA.

Lord knows what it all means.

MINI also ran a campaign in the summer to flag the release of the Cooper Convertible. This was based around MINI 'Open Air Dramas' and featured people performing scenes from plays and movies, while sitting/standing in an open-topped MINI Convertible.
They did TV, posters & press ... but also had Convertibles parked in cities with actors performing inside them.

The 'Open Air Dramas' was an extension of the long-running 'MINI Adventure' brand advertising campaign.

Not sure who the agency is, but you could start by phoning WCRS in London who (I think) still hold the BMW advertising account. Failing that, someone at 'Campaign' Magazine or 'Marketing Week', might be able to tell you.

·
Registered
65 Posts
It's WCRS!

I've saved you the bother of phoning around.

WCRS (click here) is the advertising agency that creates all the MINI (and BMW) UK advertising. You can view their TV ads by visiting the 'Our Work' section of their website.

Their campaign's have won awards, according to Marketing Week (click here)

You can also view a 'naughty' American MINI ad HERE

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.