MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Wanted a JCW!!
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a May build Mini One and I have no Mini badge on my engine, and my friend with a Feb build has the badge. Is this normal, or should I complain?

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
Is it really worth complaining about a badge?

Why not just wait until your car gets its first service, and then just mention it politely ;)

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Are they both MINI Ones?

Seems odd, but hardly going to effect the drive of the car so why not wait until the next visit to the dealer or why not call them and ask why this is, maybe they will post you a badge out?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I saw another discussion on this topic recently. It must have been on the NAM forums, where some new MINI owners were reporting that their cars did not have the badge on the engine.

·
Wanted a JCW!!
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep both Mini One's, my car is booked in next week anyway so I thought I would run it by you Mini2ers and get some opinions before I said anything!

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Yep both Mini One's, my car is booked in next week anyway so I thought I would run it by you Mini2ers and get some opinions before I said anything!
Have a read of the motorshow thread, there seems to have been some discussion there with people from MINI about lack of engine bay badges;)

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
The new factory John Cooper Works I saw yesterday has the main engine badge (big MINI wings bonnet badge) on top of the engine, but the factory works has no works badges under the bonnet ;)

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
MINI engines are built by BMW at Hams Hall near Birmingham ;)
BMW MINI also designed the engine. Puegeots input, apparently is their skill at getting parts produced cheaply from suppliers:rolleyes:

No comment required:p

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
PSA produce the engine components at their facility in Douvrin, France. The parts are then shipped to Hams Hall for final assembly.

·
Mini Design Philosopher
1,028 Posts
If you remove a 10 gram badge from the engine, you get a 0.00002 % better weight distribution. :D

It is this kind of technical accuracy that makes the MINI great.

·
Living in Mini Wasteland
351 Posts
I just remember reading a story about a race team that was able to use a BMW V6 engine in a Mini for a Race spec series because the original Mini engine had a BMW label on it. And the series had a rule that you could repalce the engine with another engine made by the same manufacturer.

·
Wanted a JCW!!
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I opened 4 of the bonnets on the showroom cars of my local Sytner, and niether one of them had a badge on the engine, they must have dropped it at some point. Money saving? Or could it be part of the efficient dynamics program, that extra weight could make all the difference!

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
ive just taken delivery of a may 2009 build car & it has got a mini badge on the engine
Lucky you!

My Oct 2008 S has no badge, looks naked without it.

I wish I had removed the one from the 56 plate Cooper I traded in :p

1 - 20 of 20 Posts