MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a note....

The day I took delivery of my Silk Green Cooper (2oth Nov) ..Hubby noticed a black spot of paint on the rear 1/4 pannel(roof is black)

Also paint drip defects to the drivers door...
This has been missed at PDI...however dealers were apologetic and agreed that this would be sorted out under warranty, they said it shouldn't have left the factory in this state....but I was really glad it did!

So...I have been very happily driving around since then..
few more little niggles...
seat mechanisam problems
no speaker in rear drivers side!
and steering column has developed a loud creaking noise on full lock

Charlie (Coop) went in yesterday and I get a 1.2 Clio..

Oh my God I miss my car..and what a rubbish drive this Clio is...I don't think I had really appreciated the quality drive I had in the MINI...

I called dealers today and they are having problems with the SRS and haven't got a speaker...
I have told them not to rush as the SRS safety aspect is worrying me ( not that I really understand it!)...I hope it gets sorted out...

I want my MINI back fingers crossed the surgery goes okay

any tips on how to make driving this Clio more fun??

Victoria
(VC)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ever thought of telling them to keep it?

If it shouldn't have left the factory like that then tell them it can go straight back there!

Who's your dealer?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pandora2000 said:
Ever thought of telling them to keep it?

If it shouldn't have left the factory like that then tell them it can go straight back there!

Who's your dealer?
Hi Pandora....It wasn't a big deal really (Paint work)

Dealer ? the same as yours Williams Manchester they have been really good actually..

Picked up car today paint job no problems
parts ordered for SRS steering wheel...

They initally ? the drivers seat problems and said it was okay all day ..then in front of them Played up again ..so I advised for the money paid for this car not happy with the quality of the seat...they agreed...parts to be ordered for replacement...

when I got back in my car and drove away.....after 3 days in a Clio...totally different class..

Got chatting to another MINI owner...and told them about the site !!

Car due to go back again for other bits soon...I intend to make a fuss ..don't want the Clio again..

great to have Charlie back..nice and clean too

:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
VC, kick up a fuss for a mini to drive around in whilst yours is in A________c for repairs, I know your dealer has just registered 3 curtosy (wrong I know!)cars 'cos I was talking to the dealer principle last week, and we have one ! whilst our replacement car (we rejected our first one) arrives in March.

The clio is not a patch on the mini to drive, but it is much more fun that a diesel Astra we had from them for 3 weeks over New Year.

Im not knocking the dealer because they are replacing the car, but you have to get tough and start demanding things.

Good Luck,

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
foggie said:
VC, kick up a fuss for a mini to drive around in whilst yours is in A________c for repairs, I know your dealer has just registered 3 curtosy (wrong I know!)cars 'cos I was talking to the dealer principle last week, and we have one ! whilst our replacement car (we rejected our first one) arrives in March.

The clio is not a patch on the mini to drive, but it is much more fun that a diesel Astra we had from them for 3 weeks over New Year.

Im not knocking the dealer because they are replacing the car, but you have to get tough and start demanding things.

Good Luck,
Well this just shows the power of this site....and how we can help each other ...
Thanks for this info Foggie I will indeed kick up a fuss
What build date was your car...

and who is the dealer principle? ??Gino
cheers
VC

·
Registered
8 Posts
VC, our build date was end of september, but we waited 3 weeks from delivery to the dealers before we got the car due to probs at the pdi.

Gino is not dealer principle, he is sales and marketing manager ????!!!!????

Dealer Principle is a Mr D Bates based at Upper Brook Street, and if you speak with him you will get a sympathetic ear, and action !!! cos all you get from Autotechnic and Chester Road is excuses and the fact that you are not alone.

Which is not what you want to hear when you have spent that kind of money. Ask if you are being treated as a second class citizen cos you didnt buy a real BMW, cos that is what we asked !

Good luck, and tell them that the clio is not giving you back your va va voom.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts