MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay; not sure if anyone has posted any info on these yet; but I wanted to share my new found want. Theyre also called pocket-rockets; theyre smaller versions of motorcycles and some are cheap; here is a link to buy: http://www.minibikes4fun.com/

I think they go max 40mph; but I need something to learn on. Anyone seen one; riden on one got any more info?

"What are Pocket Bikes?

Pocket Bikes are designed in class and style of a “mini-motorcycle.” Its well-built aluminum frame gives it a sleek look of a racing style bike. Top speeds range from between 34-45 mph, depending on the weight and height of the rider. Mini bike is a fully functional scalled sport bike. Lots of fun for the novice to the expert rider.

Mini-bikes and scooters related phrases are Small Bikes, Fast Bikes, Mini Pocket Bikes, Electric Engine Scooters, Go Peds, Electric Motor Scooters, Mini Choppers, Jet Scooters, Wholesale Mini Bike Super Bikes, Gas Scooter, Xcooter Scooters, American Chopper, Motor Scooters, Gas Motor Scooters, Pocket Bikes, Electric Scooters, and other bikes and scooters. Our on-line store makes it easy to purchase not only mini bikes, but gas scooters, electric motor scooters and accessories. These mini bikes and scooters are quality engineered and are known for their durability. "

I wish Ducati would get on this... theres a duc that is always parked outside of the Aveda I work for... *sigh*

·
Sponsor/Moderator/Other
3,265 Posts
I just got back from the mall, where they had a display of them. Seemed interesting, but bikes aren't my thing. I do agree the best feature is that the electric ones were like $300 and gas ones $500. Seems very cheap for the amount of fun. Of course the cheapness comes from them being made mostly in China.

I also was reading an article in the New York Times a few weeks ago about the Havoc they've been causing in places on the west coast, since police don't really know what to do or how to treat them, and you can do a lot of questionable stuff like riding on sidewalks with them.

In theory they can even hold 300 lbs (the ones at the mall could) so clearly they're also aimed at adults, even if they're kid sized.

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
We call them MiniMotos in the UK. :)

We have proper race series for them as well for both kids and adults! :p

The work that goes into them is awesome. :D

·
RedUn's Manicurist ;-þ
16,095 Posts
Angelica I saw a girl, maybe your age, riding a Vespa down 7 the other day, in lots of traffic, looked SO dangerous! My only issue is the big SUVs out there!

It was like the one the lady at our Starbucks rides, sure it was CUTE, but didn't seem street worthy!!!

·
Rep withdrawal sucks.....
1,086 Posts
MoonPie said:
Angelica I saw a girl, maybe your age, riding a Vespa down 7 the other day, in lots of traffic, looked SO dangerous! My only issue is the big SUVs out there!

It was like the one the lady at our Starbucks rides, sure it was CUTE, but didn't seem street worthy!!!
Hmmm, I really think we have to change our North American mentality big time. We seem to have a Cold War mentality when it comes to automobiles; everything's about escalation, not about scaling down.

I gather that in most countries in Asia, Europe and Latin America, small(er) sized vehicles have been doing fine for several decades. However, the advent of larger sized vehicles like full-sized trucks and SUV's have changed this balance negatively, where the mentality is that the occupants of a bigger vehicle feel that they are safer in relation to everyone around them. Pretty soon, everyone wants to feel the same way, and the whole thing just escalates.

For example, I saw something on TV where Lindsay Lohan has just learnt to drive, and bought herself a nice Mercedes convertible. However, she now doesn't feel safe driving on the roads of LA with all these big SUV's around, and is now thinking about getting a Hummer H2!!! I don't know what scares me more, that a full sized Mercedes convertible is not considered safe enough, or that there is going to be an 18-year old new driver driving in the streets of LA in a Hummer :eek:

This is pure insanity, people, pure and simple. In this 'war' on vehicle safety, there are going to be no winners, and our environment is going to pay for this.

:( :( :( :( :(

P.S. FYI Moonpie, my little rant here isn't directed at you at all, just so that you know! :) But what you wrote, about road safety and the danger of big SUVs, really made me think and want to express my opinion, about the state of road safety today. And what you told us about that nasty SUV driver who almost hit you, makes me mad too at drivers who forgo all civility and courtesy to other drivers, because they drive a bigger, more intimidating vehicle.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No... you misunderstand mom. To assume is to make an ars out of u and me... feel? I just want something to learn on; but not on a major road or highway; jason and i are going to take a class to learn b/c his dad owns a chopper shop and now he wants a chopper... dont fret, we'll use our best judgement lol.

·
RedUn's Manicurist ;-þ
16,095 Posts
millie I hear you, our area is SO conjested, and though I don't own an SUV we have H2s and the like and just big SUVs all over, so I worry. I'm all for scaling down, but I'm also for the right to choose yer vehicle :p :cool:

Angelica I got a cute purse from Gap, I'll show you tonight, it's thick velvet, light brown...

btw didn't you think the falafel was way too spicey?

okay back on topic

I saw all those cute bikes near your shop Angelica! One was really tiny. If you get one you gotta be extra super duper uper extra vigilant in this area!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
MoonPie
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing